Up to £0.00 per annum
24 days ago
East Sussex Highways is a joint venture between Costain and Jacobs which brings together all aspects of highway maintenance, such as roads, pavements, drainage, streetlights, traffic signals, winter maintenance and highway structures such as bridges and retaining walls. These are all managed by this Joint Venture and sub-contractors working collaboratively with East Sussex county council to deliver the service.
We require an Insurance Claims Officer with Highways experience. Initially on a temporary basis with potential to convert to permanent.
The Claims Insurance Handler/Officer will deal with all types of claims, ensuring costs are contained and processes and procedures are adhered to. Particular emphasis will be placed on relationship management between insurance team and clients.
· Handling of all types of insurance claims
· Investigate claims including site visits were necessary to establish whether liability attaches and meeting claimants.
· Assess value of claims
· Prepare claims documentation for payment.
· Liaise and negotiate as appropriate with external suppliers (Solicitors, Insurers, Brokers, Loss Adjusters)
· Document storage and file management.
· Manage data on various computer systems e.g. Sales Force, Mayrise, LAHCS.
· Adhering to company procedures and taking a proactive approach to accident prevention.
· Provide support to admin function and training to less experienced staff
· With the Insurance team
· Operational teams / Highway Stewards
· Third parties
· Solicitors, Insurers, Brokers Loss Adjusters
· Full legislative understanding of Section 41 & 58 obligations
· IT literate (Word and Excel).
· Costain IT Systems.
· Must have experience of handling of all types of claims
· Knowledge of the principles of insurance
· Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules