4 months ago
Instrumentation & Control Engineer
Contract - 18 Months
Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements. Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the projects goals, objectives, and procedures. Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other Company functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, Level 2:
* Analyze maintenance records to determine instrument failure rates, availability / reliability calculations, bad actor / failure modes identification, and program effectiveness / cost analysis
* Develop and execute process control surveillance programs
* Collect and trend process data using company's multiple process historian database and visualization software tools
* Perform process control philosophy and stability reviews coupled with execution of control logic updates and loop tuning
* Conduct criticality assessment and develop equipment strategies/maintenance plans for instrumentations and control systems taking into consideration Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assessment, industry standards, regulatory requirement and manufacturer recommendations
We are looking to hire an Instrumentation Engineer to work on a variety of field instrumentation and control projects. (Projects ranging from minor plant improvement to brownfield plant expansion). This is very much a long term contract position, paying competitively, rate available upon enquiry. (Standard 40 hour week with flexibility within reason on how you work those hours). Working in a multi- disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of the project lifecycle from
early design through to detailed engineering. Must have a good working knowledge
of field based instrument devices (temperature, control valves and flow metering) and Safety Systems. Responsibilities include the following: * Supporting Process Designers in producing early design documentation such as Design Basis.
* Carry out the detailed engineering associated with the sizing and selection of a broad range of instrumentation.
* Participate in HAZOP, LOPAs. Performing quality control and review on the engineering produced by the EPC contractors or by site drawing office.
* Good working knowledge of functional safety standards (IEC61511/61508)
* Ensure compliance with both site and industry standards.
* Supporting commissioning activities in the field.
* Qualifications: Ideally BEng/BSc or HNC/HND. FS Eng - TUV Rheinland preferred but not essential.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 10+ years' of closely related professional experience
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
* Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
* Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection
* Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel and Tableau
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications