Morson is recruiting for an Instrument Cluster Principal Engineer based in Cranfield working for a large automotive client.
* Development of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays and Displays to meet Nissan Design and Test standards.
Skills and Qualifications
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
* Experience of Instrument Cluster, Head-Up Displays or Displays development within automotive industry.
* Understanding of electrical theory related to the parts and connected circuits.
* Familiar with software development and validation methods.
* An understanding of LIN or CAN communication and tools.
* Familiar with Nissan electrical architecture or other similar automotive architecture.
* Experience of BOM management.
A selection of the following are required to fulfill the role successfully:
* Understanding of manufacturing techniques used for the parts.
* Experience of the parts cost drivers and budget setting.
* Knowledge of 3D CAD tools.
- Well organised and a good communicator.
* Have supplier management experience.
* Able to travel in the UK and abroad sometimes at short notice, typically for a few days to 2 weeks.
Competent with PC applications (MS office etc).