We are looking for Instructional Designers with specialist experience in the following areas of Royal Navy training:
- Radar Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Fire Control Technician
- Communications (Seamanship)
- Boatswain's Mate (Seamanship)
The role is for Instructional Design, however the content is simply MS PowerPoint and MS Word. We will provide guidance, training and templates for this. Crucially, the role requires Royal Navy experience - it does not have to be recent. We require an ex-Senior Rate of an engineering branch to be able to design a career course in a similar foreign navy discipline. You will be part of a small team with similar expertise.
- Design training materials (Lesson Plans, Computer Aided Instruction (e.g. MS PowerPoint), student handouts, assessments and other materials (e.g. graphics, images) derived from a task scalar (or similar) and in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT).
- Develop Course schedules and related course management materials in support of training.
- Attend meetings with customers, suppliers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure that the training materials and media are fit for purpose.
- Support training solution development and design activities.
- Develop Customer and Stakeholder Relations.
- Provide Training related Subject Matter Expertise to Technical and Engineering authorities.
- Support the procurement of training media through the provision of Subject Matter Expertise advice and guidance.
- Subject Matter Expertise in naval systems and operation is essential
- Experience in the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) or similar is desirable.
- Have up-to-date knowledge of current training methods and media, including Computer Based Training (CBT), multimedia, emulation, simulation, e-learning and Virtual/Augmented Reality (VR/AR).
- Have a working knowledge of Training Lifecycle Management.
- Knowledge of Royal Navy surface fleet branch structures and their associated training pipelines.