Greater Manchester, England
Up to £297.00 per day
8 months ago
MAG Instructional Designer - 3 month contract - £297 PAYE Rate Inclusive of holiday pay
To be based out of Manchester or Stansted Airports
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment on behalf of Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
MAG is the country's largest airport group. Owning Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports and airport services in the USA. However, the airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts. With over 40 million passengers, flying to over 250 destinations annually, with tireless work behind the scenes to ensure that the operation is well oiled through the intensive training for 5000+ colleagues across all of our airports. MAG is an exciting environment with multiple billion pound investment projects currently being delivered whilst enjoying a strong period of growth and change.
We are currently recruiting for an Instructional Designer to be part of an exciting project MAG are undertaking to align how they deliver core skills training to enable colleagues to have the knowledge to do their jobs in operational roles. Currently core skills training take place in many formats across multiple departments and geographic locations, and the purpose of this project is to set the standard in design and training content.
The instructional designer will be the conduit between subject matter experts within operational departments and graphic designers to produce training content which colleagues will access in their day to day roles.
This is a group wide project across Manchester Airport, Stansted Airport and East Midlands airport and will involve working with stakeholders across all 3 sites, extracting the knowledge from the subject matter experts, whilst utilising existing training content and standard operation procedures, to form standardised programmes of learning.
Colleagues will access these training solutions via online platforms, so experience of being an instructional designer producing digital content is advantageous, as is experience working within operational businesses.
* Produce training content/storyboards from standard operating procedures and existing training content
* Manage stakeholders to work to tight deadlines for the production of training content
* Set in place a methodology for the review of content, working with stakeholder feedback
* Work with the L&D Manager, project manager and graphic designers to a project plan for the delivery of this key business priority.
* Ensuring that learning objectives are met in each piece of training that you create
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
* Previous experience in instructional design
* Previous experience in working within operational environments (shift work etc)
* The ability to storyboard content to ensure they simplify often complex business processes in an easy to understand and engaging way.
* Desirable skill would be experience with visual design programs such as photoshop, illustrator or canva.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.