US$35.00 - US$50.00 per annum
3 months ago
The Instructional Designer reports to the Training System Supervisor, Corporate and is responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training and performance improvement initiatives under the general direction of management.
The Instructional Designer must possess in-depth knowledge of eLearning software and systems (Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Storyline...) used to develop learning materials. Also possess knowledge of SCORM, AICC, HTML5 and Learning Management System (LMS).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
* Analyze, develop, design and evaluate curriculum and associated training materials and methods including classroom, OJT and e-learning to determine which will meet the needs of a multigenerational workforce with various levels of experience and expertise
* Assist in the development of curricula or programs by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in support of an assigned functional area, consulting often with SME's
* Conducts complex needs assessments and provides on-going analysis of learning programs across a broad spectrum of positions
* Utilizes eLearning tools to develop web-based training. Advise business group on appropriate instructional technologies, including online learning/web-based formats.
* Evaluates training programs or curricula for effectiveness and desired outcomes. Utilizes feedback to initiate changes, refinements and improvements
* Develops strategic plans for development of training curricula, professional development and technical programs with directions from Governance committee
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
* Education and Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Training, Education, Science, Engineering, Business related or relevant technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
* Experience: Minimum five (5) years' experience in development and/or delivery of technical training programs. Experience in eLearning software (Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, Storyline…) is essential. Experience in utilizing a Learning Management System (LMS) is required. Experience in the energy fields is preferred.
o Broad knowledge of adult learning principles, practices and procedures
o Attention to detail and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously, and remain detail oriented
o Strong initiative and analytical skills
o Capable of performing as project lead in cross functional teams
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
o Excellent skills with on-line learning products and technologies
o Able to solve difficult problems with effective solutions make effective decisions, identify underlying or hidden problems and patterns and apply creativity and innovative thinking.
o Ability to determine the problem of an issue and create an individual solution
FREEDOM TO ACT
The Instructional Designer is skilled in their field and requires minimal supervision.
* Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
* Occasionally, work may be performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends.
* Periodically travel as business requires.
* Subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by our client.
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.