£42.00 - £44.50 per hour
7 months ago
ASAP / 4/1/2021
Installation Engineers x2 required to be based out of Christchurch but will predominantly be working at customer locations. These roles will complement to the existing 25 strong team that provides support to a fully integrated command and control system to Royal Navy operations staff. This exciting systems & software programme covers many disciplines including installation, implementation, integration, acceptance, training and logistics support it is run solely from the Christchurch facility for delivery to our customer at various naval HQs.
We seek practical hands on seasoned engineers who will likely be qualified in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or associated disciplines. Areas of responsibility from a Installation perspective are;
- Military communications systems including an understanding of radio and cryptographic equipment.
- Systems design and systems interfacing.
- Serial communications including communication standards, serial and bespoke cabling techniques.
- Network communications including networking equipment, WAN techniques, Ethernet categories and associated techniques.
- System installation and techniques to either undertake or manage a communications systems installation.
- A knowledge of electrical safety regulations and standards and their application to testing installations and equipment.
- An understanding of JSP604 (leaflet 4800) and the associated installation requirements.
- Technical and physical impact of implementing a new system with an existing system
- Estimation and the associated activities for systems and installation proposals.
- System setting to work and system transition.
- Report writing to provide input for proposals, site surveying and setting to work.
- Production and execution of system test schedules.
- Production of Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Interfacing with sub-contractors.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK AN ENGINEERs WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM) AND BE PREPARED TO UNDERGO PROCESSING FOR DV (Developed Vetting) CLEARANCE.