We are delighted to be partnering with UK Power Networks to find an Innovation Analysts to join their rapidly expanding and supportive Innovation Team, on a permanent basis.
Why join UKPN?
UKPN is proud to be the most reliable, most innovative and lowest price electricity distribution group and have been successful in winning around £90m of innovation funding over the last 8 years, with more bids in the pipeline!!
The Innovation Analyst will work within a dedicated, international and diverse 24-person Innovation team and with people across UK Power Networks to improve reliability and service, reduce costs and drive forward the Net Zero transition. The successful candidate will be involved in scoping, launching and running innovation projects; supporting other team members with data analysis tasks; preparing and delivering insight reports; and monitoring the benefits of innovation.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in engineering, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
- Statistics knowledge such as hypothesis testing, confidence Intervals and A/B tests
- Comfortable presenting without the use of technical jargon, but with the help of prototypes, demonstrations and examples - developing recommendations and presenting them to all levels (exec to craftsperson)
- Able to perform under pressure, delivering high quality work to tight timescales
- Demonstrable experience in a numeric, analytical project in the electrical industry or other technical area, showing critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in analysing large data sets in Excel and using macros, basic programming and/or software packages such as R, SPSS and MATLAB.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work with teams across the business
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment; planning and managing time under own initiative
- Aware of UK Power Networks' values and general business / operating model
- Awareness of safety and environmental issues and influences
- Passion to achieve and exceed
- Familiarity with cost-benefit analysis, including consideration of wider benefits such as societal or environmental or safety as well as financial
- Top class programming skills - ideally experience using Python, Java, Scala and/or R
- Experience in designing and querying SQL databases
- Experience in utilising visualisation / descriptive analytics tools such as PowerBI, Qlikview or Tableau
- Experience working with big data / distributed technologies - e.g. Hadoop / Spark / SQL / MongoDB
- Experience in performing geospatial analysis and using appropriate tools
- Understanding and/or experience of supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning - including machine learning algorithms, such as Neural networks, Random Forrest, Support vector machines, K-means etc.
- Electricity and/or utility industry experience
- A proven record in delivering technical projects and demonstrable ability to transfer these skills to the electrical sector
- Track record in project management
- Commercial experience