INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIREMENTS ENGINEER
Requirements Engineer required who has a proven ability using DOORS and has strong requirements elicitation, management and authoring capability. You should have a background in systems requirements engineering related to Infrastructure (i.e. Facilities Engineering) preferably also including Buildings and Civil Engineering. You should have a sound understanding of construction design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements. You will need to build a sound understanding of company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety, Environment and Quality requirements, and have the ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures. Nuclear courses are highly desirable;
- NUC0793 Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1.
- NUC0794 Nuclear Fundamentals (Foundation) Course Module 2.
- NUC0911 Introduction to Safety Engineering (ITSE).
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the 10 Dock Requirement set, including the capturing, analysis, documenting and maintaining the requirement traceability within the current FDFS UAG DOORS database for the Scheme phase of the programme.
- Work with the Design Leads, Design Houses to develop/mature the existing and/or new system (level N-2) and sub-system (level N-3) requirements.
- Provide Requirements and System Engineering guidance and best practices such as model based systems engineering to the Design Leads and Design Houses to ensure that the Requirements and System Engineering activities conducted add value to the 10 Dock programme.
- Work with the Design Leads, Design Houses, User Acceptance Group (UAG) and other stakeholders in operating a formal requirement change control process.
- Prepare and generate reports as required on Requirements compliance, gap analyses with associated statistics.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with company Business Management System and MIP Design & Safety Manual/Requirements and Acceptance Management Manual (RAMM).
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks (Health, Safety & Environmental) associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A REQUIREMENTS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)