Up to £42.00 per hour
3 months ago
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be involved in the day to day management and monitoring of services and their supporting infrastructure components. The bespoke individual IT systems are managed using an ITIL Framework and principals and you will be responsible for the investigation of arising issues, resolved against the defined Service Level Agreements.
About The Role
The successful candidate will join the Infrastructure Service Competency Centre team.. You will have responsibility for delivering new enabling capabilities, developing and delivering templated systems, resolving infrastructure support issues and maintaining, managing and optimising the overall performance and availability of the infrastructure. Customers are our internal engineering and product teams and we will work to bridge the gap between infrastructure and software development and drive efficiency through high levels of automation. Whilst technology-delivery is core to our role, so too is the appreciation of how we enable the business and service availability.
Your main responsibilities as an Infrastructure Engineer will involve:
* Providing Support with the IM&T Infrastructure - including Networks, Windows Systems & Applications
* Developing and Maintaining systems configuration item (CI) baselines in alignment with the Service Management Configuration Management Plan.
* Technical expertise on IM&T System Administration & knowledge of Database, Networks architecture and supporting application layers
* Assisting on work within the area of specialism, taking account of interfaces and approved data Providing analysis and support of problems related to platform and support system issues and generate proposed solutions
* Supporting the development of processes to ensure discipline technical quality is communicated across all discipline levels of IM&T engineers ensuring these meet all governance and business requirements
* Researching problems and issues, gather information from a range of physical and informational sources, review defects on platform or assembly in order to gain a complete understanding of the problem and all relevant circumstances
* Engaging with customer representatives and suppliers in writing, by telephone and in face to face meetings, and with other internal functions as necessary to discuss technical issues and problems
* Delivery of new infrastructure services
* Administering a virtualised production environment.
* Installation and support of infrastructure hardware and software
* Resolving incidents within agreed service levels.
* Technical input into infrastructure changes following change management processes.
* Support for VMWare, Windows Server
* Active Directory and authentication services management
* GPO management
* Identify underlying problems discovered during day-to-day operations and managing them to resolution.
* Complete routine operations schedules for servers, server applications, databases, systems and network elements using established and repeatable procedures following corporate standards and requirements.
* Configuration control and documentation of the infrastructure
Skills and Experience
* Install, configure & support Microsoft Windows Server 2012+ and Windows 10
* Install, configure & support of VMware (Infrastructure 5.5+)
* Install and configuration of HP & Dell hardware
* Automation techniques using Powershell, Terraform, Ansible and Puppet
* The successful candidate will also have experience with a variety of IT administration & management applications.
* Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
* Install, configure & support of MS SQL Server 2014+ with clustering
* Administration of Azure
* Linux - CentOS / Red Hat
DUE TO THE SECURE NATURE OF THIS ROLE SC CLEARANCE WILL BE NEEDED AND CANDIDATES WILL NEED TO BE A UK NATIONAL