Up to £54.13 per annum
3 months ago
Location: Broad Oak - Portsmouth Duration: 6 Months Pay Rate: £54.13 per hour (Ltd)
A vacancy exists within a multinational defence, security, and aerospace company for an Infrastructure Engineer to design and develop IT solutions. The role holder will apply a depth and breadth of expertise to complex infrastructure engineering problems, supporting key project design decisions made by the Systems Design Authority.
- Articulate, design and document the following for signoff by the System Design Authority:
- IT infrastructure/virtualisation solutions (including virtualised system solutions),
- Networking solutions.
- Undertake functional solution design and provide evidence to support fitness for purpose, safety and security cases.
- Provide IT Infrastructure system design support to sub-surface training system projects.
- Collaborate with other systems/design engineers in the project team to ensure that system solutions are optimal for project requirements and are capable of being delivered within required timescales and available budgets.
- Support project installations at customer and/or third-party sites as required.
- Record measures of IT infrastructure performance.
Skills Summary / Proven ability
- Detailed knowledge of:
- IT networking and design of networks, including virtualised networks and subnets, switching and routing set up.
- Virtualised systems using VMWare 6.n.
- Performance IT system design.
- Good communication and reporting skills:
- Able to present ideas, concepts, and solutions to internal/external stakeholders in terms that they can understand.
- Able to provide local management with sufficient status information to support project planning and tracking.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked within the Defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).