Up to £40.66 per hour
about 2 months ago
The Infrastructure Automation Engineer is
* Developing Dashboard views of Infrastructure estate
* Work closely with the diverse teams to support automation and its implementation
* Everything as code approach
* Collaborate with cross functional teams in the design, development and integration of automation techniques.
* Create new automation solutions and product offerings for infrastructure services.
* Perform analysis and value stream mapping of existing processes for the development of either new or improved automation.
* Document automation standards to be followed by the organisation
* Work closely with other teams across the business to improve efficiency of infrastructure such as service management
* Identify areas of automation
Essential Skills and knowledge:
Good demonstrable experience in an Infrastructure role (Windows, UNIX, Virtualisation, Networking) either delivery or support.
Development of back-end systems software that improves sustainability and operations.
Software Development for automation techniques in production environments (One of the following, however other tools would also be considered)
* Git repository derivative (BitBucket, GitLab)
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Experience of commissioning and managing an enterprise, on-premise Platform-as-a-Service, ideally RedHat Openshift
Fluency in at least once scripting language such as Ruby, PowerShell, Python or Java.
Experience of working within a secure environment
Experience of containerisation such as Docker
Service Desk tool BTO