Up to £37.40 per hour
14 days ago
Our Client requires a Industrialisation Manager to undertake the below contract role.
The person will form the link between Engineering and Manufacturing to define the industrial solution for assembly, integration of Satellites, subsystems and components.
* TAS UK and TAS JV organisation departments (Engineering Management, Project Management, Supply Chain & Procurement etc…)
* Thales UK organisations
* External stakeholder organisations (customers, suppliers etc)
Key Responsibilities and tasks
Reporting to the AIT Manager with support from the Trade Compliance Manager. The main duties and responsibilities may include:
* Define the industrial solution for manufacture of Satellites, subsystems and components for 1 off manufacture and establishing a production line for higher volumes.
* Application of lean principles for manufacture
* Deploying and continuously improving the industrialisation process with clear deliverable and milestones
* Consideration and deployment of factory 4.0 techniques
* During the engineering design process ensure design for manufacturability is considered and design changes implemented to aid manufacture
* Identify new processes that can reduce manufacturing costs and establish business case for investment
* Identify tools to be procured under capex or project.
* Work with suppliers in the design phase to ensure Design For Manufacture aspects are considered
* Complete Production Readiness Reviews and ensure actions are closed
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
* Degree level qualification in an associated discipline (such as Mechanical engineering, manufacturing)
* Experience in the Aerospace Industrial domain : manufacturing, tests, AIT,…
* Experience in lean manufacturing principles and implementation in an production environment
* Understanding of health and safety in an industrial environment
A demonstrable positive performance record in the following activities
* Communication and influencing skills to build productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
* A working knowledge of government / institutional contractual rules and forms is desirable
Can demonstrate a positive example in relation to the Leadership Model
* Shape Solutions Out of Complexity
* Be Ambitious and Accountable
* Perform Through Co-operation
* Influence Key Stakeholders
* Manage Self
* Engage and Develop Teams