Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Procurement & Supply Chain Engineer to join the team with our prestigious client.
Overview of department:
An opportunity has arisen for a capable, responsive, manufacturing / quality professional, to join the Supply Chain in Development team. They will take a leading role interfacing with a diverse range of Procurement and Supply Chain professionals and external supply partners. The successful candidate will bring their professionalism, attention to detail and skill set to ensure that there is robust quality and capability in the external supply chain.
An organised and diligent Quality biased professional, with strong knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques. Extremely competent in project management and change management. An expert in Supplier Quality Assurance and Validation practices in a development to production Procurement environment. Capable of supporting suppliers to ensure that they develop robust manufacturing systems and control plans, able to deliver on-time / on-quality and on-cost in series production. This encompasses:
- Assessing, recording and monitoring supplier capability. Reporting validation activities through industrial dashboards.
- Collaborating and supporting a multi-functional team to ensure that external supply capability is validated as part of the industrialisation phase.
- Ensure effective controls and change management is in place and that validation and control activities are diligently performed in order to ensure production readiness.
- Ensure improvement observations or non-conformities are tracked and closed as part of Supplier manufacturing plans.
- Undertake Industrial Validation activities such as; Process FMEAs, Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) assessments, Product Acceptance, Production Readiness Reviews to ensure that robust and comprehensive industrial solutions are developed and available for series production.
This role forms part of the multi-functional team managing development and delivery of the Procurement & Supply chain elements of new product introduction, requiring close working with Design, Manufacturing and Quality organisations.
Skill set/experience required:
- Undertake Project Industrial activities up to Validation Manufacturing Systems "VMS", in the external supply chain. As part of a multi-functional team; assess, record, monitor and report supplier capability via the SRA process. Ensure accuracy and topicality of data relating to "Current State" of development suppliers.
- Manage the project Industrial Validation Plan for external suppliers.
- As part of the multi-functional team; monitor, evaluate and report on the development and validation of Supplier manufacturing systems; tracking progress against Supplier industrial plans, maintaining Industrial Dashboards.
- Lead a multi-functional team to ensure effective change management and industrial validation process activities is diligently performed within the external supply chain (based on risk assessments). Including but not limited to; Process flow maps, FMEA, MSA, PSW's and Control Plans. Ensure that robust and comprehensive industrial solutions are developed and available.
- Ensure the development and implementation of Supplier Manufacturing Inspection and Test architectures and processes in line agreed Supplier manufacturing plans.
- Analyze Supplier non-conformances relating to the Manufacturing System, track to closure agreed improvement/corrective actions.
- Produce supplier Surveillance Plans for series production (to be implemented by the Supply Chain Manager).
- Maintain and update industrial risks & opportunities register, including risks to UPC and delivery schedule.
- Facilitate operational involvement of suppliers during development to promote co-specification methodologies across projects.
- Support the generation of bids into Manufacturing work package estimate, and, contribute to monthly time now updates and regular Cost at Completion reviews.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.