Up to £0.00 per annum
5 days ago
Our Nuclear Sector Client based in the Oxon area required an Industrial Safety Engineer on a permanent basis
Purpose of Role
To provide industrial and conventional safety support to projects in accordance with Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation and Company Policy.
Safety, Environment & Security
* Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Companny Management System
* Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and company management systems
* Actively monitor and reinforce safety behaviours.
* Establish a safe operational culture and provide safety leadership
* Establish the correct work ethic and culture within the team.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
* Challenge the status quo and identify future opportunities through innovation within area of professionalism/ function/ business and process.
* Provide health and safety advice to managers and employees to help them comply with statutory, company and site safety requirements
* Monitor safety standards and performance within the project
* Provide advice on the relevant safety issues and good practice
* Responsible for the production of appropriate safety documentation e.g. risk assessments, COSHH assessments, emergency procedures etc
* Advise on Risk Assessments in liaison with Project staff
* Interface with contractors on safety issues
* Review events, trends and statistics
* Carry out local walkabouts and inspections
* Carry out local safety promotional campaigns
* Provide local toolbox talks and training sessions
* Take an active role in planning facility emergency exercises and act as exercise driver/observer
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities