£45000 - £55000.00 per annum + car allowance + package
25 days ago
Job Title: Indirect Procurement Manager
Location: Warrington, Cheshire, North West England
Salary: Competitive Basic and Package.
Currently working with an organisation based in the Greater Manchester region with a national and indeed global presence within their market. Based in Warrington, the business are looking to recruit Indirect Procurement Manager to focus key areas of spend, e.g. professional services, HR, recruitment, labour. Pivotal to the role with be for the candidate to be able to work in a fast paced working environment, effectively managing stakeholders, and lead and deliver a procurement strategy that is effective for the business.
- Participate in the decision making process and contribute to all the indirect global categories work (Temporary Labour, Facilities, I.T, Professional Services, Travel Costs, Marketing Costs) from regional perspective, by making sure that all the relevant regional requirements are gathered and considered for the global decisions.
- Lead all the procurement activities in the region, such as RFIs/RFPs/RFQs for regional or local categories, as well as be responsible for the management of the regional suppliers.
- Be responsible for agreed cost reduction targets and pre-defined supplier reduction targets and compliance measures
- Effectively build and manage relationships and in line with category strategies
- Manage costs (should-cost models, cost reductions, value creation, etc.) and drive savings which will show in the P&L
- Work closely with sales, business development and finance with regards to upcoming needs (forecasts & capex replacements)
- Observe market tendencies (innovation, overall state of supplier market and vendors)
- Monitor supplier performance using agreed metrics and be responsible for communication and monitoring of improvement plans
- Set rules of engagement with divisions / country organisations (including subsequent control of compliance)
- Negotiation of purchase and frame agreements
Qualifications and Competencies
- MCIPS qualified
- Preferred Bachelor or Master degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Law or other relevant field
- Preferred 3 years in indirect procurement
- Demonstrate the ability to work with key stakeholders in multiple global locations and at various levels
- Strategic, conceptual and entrepreneurial way of thinking
- Excellent social & communication skills - able to clearly articulate position with clarity at all levels of a complex organisation Strong leadership skills to effectively manage category processes and cross functional teams
- Proven track record in delivering year-on-year cost savings
- Strong process and project management experience
- Proven ability to drive cost reduction projects and change throughout organisation
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to develop methodologies for collecting and analysing data
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of key contractual terms
- Able to work on own initiative, planning and organising work in line with business priorities
- Able to remain calm under pressure and support colleagues
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Assertive with a willingness to constructively challenge
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details.