South East England, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
2 months ago
The ISP organisation is responsible for procuring direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. Total spend is approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy. An opportunity has arisen in the UK indirect Procurement team which is currently responsible for the categories such as Facilities Management, Contract Labour, Engineering Offload and Outsourcing and all General Procurement.
* You will be responsible for procurement activities for various UK Sites related commodities for the UK such as security, catering, product storage, electrical new works and office supplies.
* Proactively reviewing future needs with our internal customers and leading the procurement/sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate. You will also lead the supplier negotiations on behalf of the organisation and brief and present recommended contracting solutions to senior stakeholders.
* Maintain the strategic outlook over a five year period and ensure continuation of services is maintained while still achieving best value for money for the business. This will involve managing a number of strategic relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as industry partners.
* You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models within the categories
* Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract SLAs.
* Regular travel within the UK will be required, to work closely with our stakeholders and suppliers. Occasional European travel may be required.
What's in it for you?
* You will be working in a fast-paced energetic procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
* MBDA provides on-the-job training, mentoring and also provides ample opportunities for further professional development though our Learning & Development centre and personal development programmes.
What's great about joining this team?
* This is an exciting team focused on delivering to the business indirect services that directly benefit the individuals working in the organisation.
* The team is dynamic and offers varied challenges due to the expanding nature of indirect procurement within MBDA both in the UK and at Group level.
What are we looking for?
* Essential Skills:
* Competent contract negotiator with confidence in drafting contract agreements and negotiating commercial terms and conditions
* Proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through established procurement best practice and management of the tender process
* Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence senior stakeholders and suppliers
* A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in working with multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales
* Strong interpersonal skills, a forward thinking approach and an appreciation of proactive strategic procurement provision
What's great about us?
· MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
· With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe's leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
· Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
· Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?