4 months ago
Independent Verification and Validation Lead
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Duration: 6 months
Our client is responsible for the design, qualification and manufacture of Instrumentation and Control systems for a significant civilian nuclear program. The design of a new safety protection system is the next phase within this program and an opportunity has arisen to lead their part of the independent validation and verification (I&V) activities.
The initial IV&V work on the project is to define interfaces and align processes throughout the safety protection system design lifecycle between the design team, the Customer IV&V team and the Customer Instrumentation and Control (I&C) team. This will include developing and writing plans and processes as necessary.
As the role progresses this will consider future phases to build the IV&V team working with their US based partner, developing plans that will shape the team (including strategy, location, test facilities, infrastructure).
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the Independent Verification and Validation work packages.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
The IV&V methodology is currently being developed and is likely to be model based verification, whilst the design will not follow the same methods (i.e. is not model-based design). The processes used within the IV&V work will be written by their customer for their use, while their client is responsible for the MPS design activities and working to the processes used in IV&V.
- Initial short term work is to define interfaces between design and IV&V, and align processes
- Assess current design processes and establish plans to bridge gaps identified
- Establish test facilities requirements including test equipment, maintenance, test platforms, simulation tools and integration test requirements
- Produce test facility, staffing, and equipment reports and plans
- Establish resource SQEP profiles and team structure. Assess and tailor for two locations working in parallel (US and UK)
- Working with the project planner establish team size, ramp up and indoctrination needs
- Working with Human resources, provide input to staffing plan for recruitment strategy
- Lead the IV&V team as it is established
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- A sound understanding of generic system engineering processes
- Knowledge of System Modelling
- Practical proven ability in the verification of electronic systems and system elements
- Understanding, knowledge and implementation of auditable, formal, controlled and correct interfaces needed between IV&V and the design teams to maintain independence
- Proven ability in setting up the processes and interfaces for the independent verification of electronic systems
- Capable of reviewing and providing technical comments on project governance documentation (e.g. IV&V Plan)
- Software tools familiarity:
- Requirements Management tools particularly DOORS NG or ARAS
- Configuration management tools particularly Subversion
- MathWorks Model-Based design and verification environment (i.e. Simulink)
- Programmable logic (i.e. FPGA) development tools
- Verification of FPGA-based system elements and systems
- Understanding of programmable logic or software development and associated processes
- Understanding of safety-related instrumentation and control systems.
- Nuclear industry exposure