5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our key client in the Nuclear Sector for an Independent Assessment Inspector. Working as part of their Safety, Licensing and Quality team, this position will provide and carry out independent assurance, audits and inspections of the SSHEQ aspects of the company's activities. This is a permanent role and the client offers a very competitive annual salary to the right candidate.
- Provide advice and guidance across the company to encourage appropriate behaviours and ways of working that promote nuclear professionalism and support governance of SSHEQ related activities.
- Accountable to Independent Assurance Manager for:
- Delivery of independent reviews
- Conduct of Audit, Inspection and Surveillance activities
- Accountable to Head ofIALRA for:
- Issue of Formal or Compelling Advice when authorised to do so
- Issue or with holding of concurrence when authorised to do so
- The individual may also be required to support independent review of documentation
Requirements - Mandatory:
- Degree or appropriate academic qualification (HNC, HND etc.) in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in a career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Good understanding of safety / BAT cases and nuclear safety management.
- Good understanding of UK nuclear legislation and international guidance.
- Working knowledge of the practices of the Office for Nuclear Regulation / environmental regulators.
- Good understanding of the techniques and standards expected of internal regulation and assurance within the UK Nuclear Industry.
- Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery skills through self and others.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Demonstrates sound judgement and decision making.
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive, delivering value in a changing and evolving organisation.
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours aligned to Horizon Values: safety, courage, integrity, collaboration and inspiration.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.
Requirements - Desirable:
- Understanding of nuclear safety issues as they affect nuclear reactors.
- Working knowledge of the UK ABWR Design.