Crawley, West Sussex
£38 - £41 per hour
3 months ago
To provide on-site and off-site service, to assist in the operational deployment and use of the system / equipment and support its maintenance. Acting as the primary technical interface for the customer.
We are looking for someone with a good understanding of aircraft avionics systems to work on integrated operational support of Merlin and Crowsnest.
The role will be based in Crawley but will require occasional travel to Yeovil (approx. 4 days a month) and potentially Cornwall on occasion.
- Supports customer operations, anticipates operational problems and contributes to improve the system / equipment operation.
- Develops customer knowledge (configurations, maintenance and repair status, fleet). Observes and studies system / equipment functioning, operating modes and performance results. Performs routine checks and counselling when appropriate.
- Manage airworthiness issues, including assessing the risks and mitigating the risk.
- Collects, analyses, and sumarises operating and engineering data, analyses trends, studies system / equipment limitations, interprets alarms. Assess customer product removals / reliability data to detect potential problems as early as possible. Investigates complaints and suggestions, interviews end-users. Identifies, alerts and/or acknowledge any operational problem.
- Communicates pro-actively with customers as primary technical interface.
- Overall understanding of through-life support aspects such as obsolescence, technical publications, DRACAS etc.
- Provide technical understanding of the Merlin Helicopter (all marks) and Crowsnest.
- Conducts technical / program reviews with Product Support, Supply Chain, Maintenance and repair representatives.
- Collects and reports on customer technical issues. Analyses problems, collects all relevant information and provides answers to customer queries. Develops and implements resolution plans, takes appropriate decisions support. Proposes optimisation of the system configuration.
- Ensure that any product safety requirements are not compromised by work carried out and that all local safety procedures are adhered to.
- An understanding of airworthiness
- Managerial experience within an aerospace environment
- Experience of avionics systems / equipment
- An understanding of obsolescence
- ILS experience
- Rotary wing experience preferred (not essential)
- Field support experience
- Degree / HNC or Military equivalent qualification in Electronics or Avionics Engineering.
- Strong technical background in an appropriate area.
- Good knowledge of the supported equipment