Up to £34.00 per hour
3 months ago
Our Stevenage based Client has a requirement for a Improvements Leader to join their team.
* Report to the HO AIT Transformation & Improvements
* Responsible for improving the "Lean Maturity" of the site through the implementation of Lean methodology and culture change.
* Through support from a diverse network within MAIT Transversal Improvements organisation, this position will be responsible for delivering savings commitment of Stevenage MAIT through defining and managing the site MAIT Improvement Plan.
* Responsible for successfully delivering improvement projects ensuring targets are met and in line with business expectations.
* Responsible for coaching, training and mentoring the MAIT teams in continuous improvement, lean tools and techniques.
* Responsible, together with HO MAIT Transformation & Improvements, for defining and delivering a credible 12 month improvement plan.
* Responsible for continually reviewing and reducing the "AIT Cost Base" and "Ready for Bid Price" through improvement opportunities generated by MAIT and other business units. This is for all MAIT customers Mechanical Platform (T-BD), Antennas, Mechanisms & ENS.
* Responsible for delivering Lean Improvement Projects on Quality, on Time and on Cost.
* Drive specific problem solving/improvement activities.
* Lead and support the streamlining of processes.
* Responsible for reporting the status of the Improvements Projects and controlling of cost.
* Responsible for standardisation of Lean MAIT Processes, documentation and working methods across Stevenage.
* Responsible for the promotion of Lean education and awareness in Stevenage ensuring a standardised approach with other sites where possible.
* Develop and deliver training concepts for lean competences including Qualification matrix, coaching and mentoring Lean agents and employees as required.
* Develop and deploy Lean communication plans both internally and externally.
* Support any cross-site, trans-functional and trans-national improvement actions.
* Must show good level of experience in Lean Methodology through implementation of lean concepts and use of lean tools.
* Must be fluent in Lean terminology.
* 8+ years proven in an manufacturing environment
* Project or functional team leadership experience
* Lean Implementation experience
* Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule
* Space, Aerospace, Manufacturing or other Engineering sector
* Experience in Practical Problem Solving (PPS), running Kaizen workshops, implementing visual management in production and office environment.
* Experience in leading improvement projects
* A background in an engineering/production environment, preferably within the space sector
* Confident communicator
* Open minded, creative and proactive mind set
* Strong ability to engage and motivate personnel
* Shows initiative
* Ability to lead a project team
* Excellent presentation skills
* Experienced in documentation writing
* Trained to Green Belt Level
Education & Training
* The candidate will have as a minimum HNC in an engineering discipline, exemplary communication skills and training in project management.
* Must show evidence of recent continual Lean training/development
* Black Belt Trained
* Some travel to other UK and European sites