£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Import and supply chain specialist - Worcestershire £28-£35,000
The Import & Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of the
direct procurement process, from price file management and order requisition through to stock receipt and payment - predominantly off-shore, but retaining oversight of the domestic process, too.
The jobholder is required to ensure the cost effective and timely coordination of all supply chain activities with increasing focus on vendor and freight forwarder management to support the company's growth in import purchases.
The position forms the main interface between the Commercial, Operations and Finance departments, responsible for ensuring all product and import costs are accurately reported on the company's internal systems and minimising the risk of wastage.
* Maintaining supplier price files to ensure they accurately represent commercial agreements.
* Raising purchase orders in line with business requirements based on MRP system output.
* Liaising with off-shore and domestic suppliers to ensure orders are confirmed accurately.
* Ensuring the timely and accurate payment of deposits and balances for off-shore purchases.
* Overseeing shipments, obtaining status updates during production and transport.
* Updating ERP systems with timely and accurate delivery-schedule information.
* Identifying supplier performance gaps and ensuring their timely communication by exception.
* Negotiating freight forwarder rates and service levels to meet business requirements.
* Verifying import documentation, including commercial invoices and packing lists.
* Processing documents for customs clearance and preventing unforeseen shipment delays.
* Validating deferment statements and freight forwarder invoices before payment.
* Managing the landed costs process and electronically receiving stock into the business.
* Arranging deliveries from port to warehouse and managing the timely arrival of containers.
* Strong organisational and administration skills with first-class attention to detail
* Capable of managing a high volume of orders in a rapidly changing environment
* Able to set priorities with conviction and readily evaluate the financial impact
* Comfortable using own initiative and making decisions to solve problems
* High level of expertise in Microsoft Excel
* Highly numerate.
* Detailed knowledge of import costs and processes.
* Experience managing off-shore suppliers and freight forwarders
* Strong product and price file background.