7 days ago
Morson has a Permanent position available for an IMOS Technical Support Services Officer based in Yeovil, Somerset working for a Major Aerospace Company
To provide technical support to IMOS, based in Yeovil and/or RNAS Yeovilton, to ensure that the appropriate support solution (technical /material) is provided within the required timeframe, to maintain aircraft availability. To resolve technical queries and ensure that the associated processes, procedures and performance levels are being maintained to the levels stipulated within the IMOS contract.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
Develop and Maintain Effective Customer Service
- Work with /co-ordinate a team of Aircraft Designers/ Support Engineers to ensure that a responsive, professional and cost effective technical support advisory service is provided at all times which maximises customer satisfaction
- Where required, coordinate technical support from the Client for associated Tech Queries, Repairs, FI, Out of Scope Tasks etc.
- Work with integrated technical and supply teams, including team co-ordination when requested, to pursue engineering options to supply difficulties.
- Technical support should be focused on IMOS availability both at forward air-stations and on site at Yeovil, to meet the requirements of the contract and the airworthiness requirements of Industry and the Authority, focused around aircraft/component availability.
- Utilisation and integration of Service Engineering capability to enhance service provision. Review all demands for validity against extant publications (CIETP, policy leaflets etc.)
- Review all demands for alternative technical solutions (alternatives, repairs etc.) in Iiaison with the MOSST at Culdrose and Benson as appropriate Receive, log and agree priority to technical queries from the On Site Support Teams (OSST), aircraft operators, the Spares Logistic Inventory Control Team (SLICT) and from within the Engineering Design Authority (EDA).
- Pursue resolution of all queries ensuring that the originator receives an approved response within agreed time scales. Interface with the Clients departments (including indirect procurement), LMA and the Avionics Alliance to obtain required responses ensuring that suppliers understand the operational implication of technical decisions taken.
- Arrange and attend customer and supplier meetings as required.
- Prepare specific reports, briefs and presentations as required in support of IMOS activities.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all query responses.
- Visit the On Site Support Teams as required.
- Ensure that technical and commercial issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Availability Manager, when necessary - Understand Customer needs, ensuring requirements are understood throughout the business and reflected in formal tasking.
- Maintain ownership of, and focus on customer in-service support issues within the Client.
- Have due regard for Airworthiness Issues within customer support activity, ensuring that these are correctly tasked and reported to senior management.
- Provide MoD Merlin customers with a focussed point of contact.
- Ensure that technical instructions can be supported in service and initiate remedial action when shortfalls are identified
- Monitor technical query response times and hasten those which are late and require additional focus to resolve
- Maintain awareness of issues, repeat issues, trends etc - impacting availability, cost and customer satisfaction - identify for root cause resolution across the fleet.
- Ensure that business processes are adhered to during the execution of any work activity within the department and any suggestions for improvement are channelled through management chain
- Ensure the Company's technical and business processes are understood and utilised, reporting failings or improvement suggestions through management chain
- Ensure Tasking Priorities are understood and disseminated to all parties.
- Ensure Technical Tasking set is achievable, using regular and effective communication to realise targets
- Review and influence the resources devoted and expended by supplier areas to meet requirements, reporting any shortfall that could lead to programme creep.
- Provide reports, product/customer advice and statistical information to the business / customer as required.
- Efficiently utilise tasking tools (IMOS Technical Query System (TQS), cFolders and Company Work Authorisation (CWA) to ensure data is valid, up-dated and used for Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurement.
- Understand the information contained within various computer based systems including but not limited to:- Opfeed, APAC(R), GOLD, CM database, Engineering Standards, Aircraft Drawing suites and Aircraft Publications to enable provision of effective support.
- This role may require you to drive on company business.
- You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
- Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSP 1015 - Workers Responsibilities.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by Management.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A formal engineering qualification at HNC level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experienced in air engineering issues in a military rotary wing environment
- Excellent technical knowledge of the UK Merlin aircraft and its support requirements, both operational and maintenance.
- An understanding of the IMOS contract and the technical support element of IMOS.
- A thorough understanding of the Clients design authority organisation and processes.
- Familiarity with the tools and techniques employed by MoD in the delivery of technical support
- Familiarity with the tools and techniques employed by the Client in the delivery of technical support Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- The stature, drive and motivation to influence personnel at all relevant levels within the company, suppliers and customer organisations, be able to lead and work as part of an integrated team, including the ability to control meetings
- Thorough knowledge of applicable UK MoD defence standards and aircraft support procedures, including asset recording systems
- A working knowledge of GOLD esp including being able to interrogate the system and request reports.
- IT literate with all basic desktop applications.
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details.