5 months ago
Morson International are recruiting for an immigration specialist for a contract role which will support a range of administrative immigration requirements.
Key responsibilities are:
* Assists with completion of letters of invitation, certificates of sponsorship, and other immigration-related documentation.
* For assigned countries, provide immigration planning guidance and support to business partners, hiring managers, recruiters, and other process partners to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and agreements.
* Communicates with, educates and trains end users and process partners on immigration and related mobility processes.
* Document processes related to immigration and mobility services.
Representative Major Tasks performed with occasional direction and guidance:
* Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) for:
o Technical immigration matters for countries/region as assigned (US and/or International locations), and/or business units as assigned.
o Business planning and process partner/OBIP consulting.
* Partners with Regional Mobility Advisors, ensuring their awareness and support of immigration topics applicable within their regions and working collaboratively to meet business customer goals.
* Guides employees and managers successfully through the immigration and mobility processes.
* Service integration and problem resolution.
* Business travel screening process oversight.
* Participates in supplier governance activities related to mobility and immigration:
o Maintains positive professional relationships with immigration service providers.
o Provides guidance to suppliers ensuring clear understanding of business objectives and requirements.
o Troubleshoots individual case escalations as needed and systemic service provider issues.
o Identifies immigration supplier performance issues to team leaders to manage Service Level Agreement and metrics standards.
* Support project work and provide subject matter expertise on immigration related topics.
* Educates business and process partners on immigration and related mobility topics.
* Gathers immigration related data and provides information to internal and external process partners, outside agencies, governments, and legal counsel for compliance, audits, litigation, benchmarking, surveys and studies. Compiles and analyzes immigration data to respond to programs and other process partner requests, as well as to manage the overall immigration service delivery.
* Obtains and analyzes data to conduct immigration analysis studies. Creates charts, spreadsheets and reports of study results. Identifies trends and issues and makes recommendations to process owner, business partners and management for process improvement.
* Participates in immigration related surveys to share best practices. Analyzes the output from surveys to identify potential process improvements. Participates on teams. Analyzes and interprets immigration related policies, procedures, practices and processes, and makes suggestions for improvement.
Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, and/or cultures.
Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data summarize findings develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the department level.
Build Positive Relationships
Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of ones actions develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
Experienced in creating comprehensive project schedules identifying time frames for key project milestones. Directs and manages more complex project schedules independently identifies project resource requirements, may collaborate with others on the most complex projects assigned or assist more experienced employees in complex large scale projects. Ability to accept, direct and perform responsibilities and work assigned tasks as a project team member in support of the overall project leads and directs the activities and resources of assigned projects and supports higher graded employees in more large scale and complex projects.
Knowledge of relevant government laws and regulations impacting the functional responsibilities of the occupation.
Role Based Competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience with employee immigration, mobility and relocation policies, procedures, mission and organization
- Demonstrated business partnering or consulting skills
- Familiarity with systems such as HRMS, Global Advantage, etc.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure
- Proficient with EXCEL, WORD and Power Point
- Bachelor's or Master's degree Minimum two years immigration related work experience.
Job Related Information: International HR, immigration law, mobility industry knowledge.