£32.00 - £41.12 per hour + PAYE or Umbrella company
30 days ago
IM&T Project Manager with experience of working in an IT Function and familiarity with IT trends and good practice is required for an initial 6 month contract with BAE Systems in Broad Oak (Portsmouth).
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
Generates and manages the IM&T Security Improvement Plan
Responsible for ensuring that all dependencies and requirements are analysed by the technical team and reflected in an end to end project plan
Responsible for managing project RAID log, budget and regular project reporting
The role holder:
Creates the Project lifecycle management framework for internal and external customers and users.
Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s) guiding the organisation towards accepting change.
Supports the ownership for the provision of portfolio, programme and project support. Advises on the available standards, procedures, methods, tools and techniques.
Evaluates project and/or programme performance and recommends changes where necessary. Contributes to reviews and audits of project and programme management to ensure conformance to standards.
Leads programme/project leads and/or service owners to adhere to the agreed portfolio management approach and timetable and that they provide the appropriate information to agreed targets of timelines and accuracy.
Produces reports as appropriate for portfolio governance, including making recommendations for changes to the portfolio.
Takes full responsibility for activities within a significant segment of an organisation where the advice given, and decisions made will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the organisation.
Leads the selection of appropriate methods, tools, techniques selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches.
Establishes the contribution that technology can make to business objectives, defining strategies, validating and justifying business needs, conducting feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, preparing business cases, overseeing development and implementation of solutions, taking into account the implications of change on the organisation and all stakeholders.
Develops organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for improvement which allow the organisation to quickly improve and implement business processes to meet business requirements.
Sets direction and leads in the introduction and use of techniques, methodologies and tools, to meet overall business requirements, ensuring consistency across all user groups.
Leads and plans improvement activities identifying alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend solutions which exploit new technologies and automation.
The role holder:
* Is generally working to SFIA level 5 with some 6.
* Ensures that relevant strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied currently
* Understands the global needs of General Management in own area of responsibility
* Is responsible for providing advice and guidance on the interpretation and application of General Management policies and processes.
* Ensures compliance with business objectives and support of the General IT Management strategy
* Understands the financial and/or commercial activity within the function, ensuring own activities meet required time and budget
* Manages day to day business relationship with internal stakeholders, partners and suppliers
* Influences significant part of own organisation
* Takes on a lead role owns specific work areas and coaches others.
* Is responsible for ensuring the Health & Safety of all your employees and that your area operates in accordance with Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
The role holder:
* Has an high level of commercial awareness and budget management capability. Will have budget responsibility as part of wider budget up to 18 Million dependent on Business or Sector.
* A good level of experience in supporting the delivery of medium sized projects in a couple if not all of the Project Management skill sets.
* Relevant IT degree or business degree, experience in consultancy or people management position.
* Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience e.g. HNC / Prince 2 Foundation / Computer Science Degree.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed but please feel free to visit our website to view other roles.
Candidates without the required IT experience will not be considered.