£40.00 - £45.00 per annum
7 months ago
ILS / Training & Service Catalouge Manager
6 Months Contract
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire (PE28)
An aerospace & defence firm is looking to add an experienced and multifaceted Integrated Logistics and Supportability / Training & service catalogue manager to the team in Huntingdon.
The successful ILS / Training & Service Catalogue Engineer will have the following responsibilities
* Successfully influence the product/service design to enhance in-service supportability.
* Working with the Service Architect to design and develop the support solution across multiple sites and systems.
* Evolve Design for Supportability Requirements and ensure the product/service design is compliant with them.
* Take responsibility for the implementation of contractual ILS requirements through all phases of the project life cycle.
* Carry out sensitivity studies of potential support solutions addressing operational use, maintenance policy and through-life costs across the project life cycle.
* Deliver the Maintenance Plan, and the associated logistics spares recommendations for the product/service.
* Attend Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews. to ensure ILS project drivers are fully understood, considered, and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
* Support to Programme Management by producing ILS engineering plans, Basis of Estimates, Key Performance Targets and Statements of Work.
* Produce, manage and maintain a training needs analysis.
* Understand the technical aspects of Service Design, Service Operations and Service Transition to be able to understand each areas training needs.
* Implement training and development plans on a team by team basis.
* Prepare and present a training needs Business case
* Manage, maintain and add new services to the Service Catalogue.
* Ensure that catalogue entries are valid and provide Business value.
* Responsible for on-boarding new catalogue entries including customer/user interaction
* Assist with the development of new catalogue services that could be offered.
* Assist with costing new services.
The successful ILS / Training & Service Catalouge Engineer should have the following skills & attributes
* Proven ability of performing ILS tasks within a large complex IT Programme.
* Proven ability of moving from ILS into ITIL and Service Transition.
* Proven understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle preferably with experience on large complex secure systems.
* Understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes and capable of carrying out best practices against that.
* Proven ability of managing and producing training needs analysis.
* proven expereince of implementing and managing a Service Catalogue.
* Proven knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (440 and 480), Safety and ILS practices and policies.
* Proven knowledge of JSP882 and the Defence Logistics Framework (DLF) and how that relates to ITIL.
WE SEEK AN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (DV CLEARANCE)