8 months ago
Duration: 26 weeks Initially
Responsibilities / Accountability
- Leading the ILS activities for assigned projects throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensuring that ILS is considered as part of any Design Review.
- Briefing change approvers on the underlying assumptions of the support concept in the areas where design change is likely to impact upon ILS.
- Providing training and coaching to junior staff within the department.
- Managing and coordinating assigned ILS Programmes within the business unit.
- Making recommendations on the tailoring of ILS activities to meet the requirements of a particular project.
- Supporting the Design Review process as the project Subject Matter Expert on ILS.
- Providing ILS input to the System Requirements Specification and making recommendations on the verification method for ILS related requirements.
- Undertaking reliability modelling and making recommendations on robustness growth, spares provisioning and preventative maintenance.
- Ensuring that the assigned requirements are met and verified through a programme of progressive assurance in line with the system Validation & Verification strategy.
- Supporting the Change Control & Obsolescence Management processes to ensure that the supportability implications of proposed changes & obsolescence resolution actions are considered.
- Supporting the ILS aspects of Bid / Business Development activities as required.
Proven ability / Key skills
- Practitioner or Expert level knowledge required in:
- ILS Tailoring & Project Management, including support to bids
- Reliability & Maintainability including production of FTAs, FMEAs, RBDs, Robustness Growth.
- Utilisation of In Service Support feedback, including via DRACAS
- Proven ability in ILS across multiple complex Defence projects.
- Training Needs Analysis.
- Technical Publications
- Proven ability in Naval or Underwater Systems domain.
- Proven ability working on Export Programmes.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).