High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£400.00 - £450.00 per day + Ltd company
3 months ago
Loudwater, High Wycombe - 6 month contract - Pay rate £400 to £450 per day Ltd Company
You will be responsible for providing supportability and support solution consultancy to our clients project, sales and technology teams. You will be maximising capabilities by ensuring products are supportable and supported at optimum Whole Life Cost. Projects will range from naval combat management systems and gun fire control solutions through to major sonars, data distribution systems and magnetic influence sensors.
- Undertaking reliability modelling and making recommendations on robustness growth, spares provisioning and preventative maintenance.
- Conducting maintenance task analysis and level of repair analysis and supporting maintenance safety assessments.
- Maintain the logistic breakdown structure for assigned products and identify logistically significant candidate items.
- Undertake Whole Life / Through Life Cost Modelling to inform the overall business case for a product.
- Supporting the Change Control & Obsolescence Management processes to ensure that the supportability implications of proposed changes & obsolescence resolution actions are considered.
- Providing ILS input to the System Requirements Specification and making recommendations on the verification method for ILS related requirements.
- Ensuring that the assigned requirements are met and verified through a programme of progressive assurance in line with the system Validation & Verification strategy.
- Ensure support deliverables comply (where applicable) with the relevant standards or mandated requirements (e.g. Def Stan 00-40, 00-251, 00-600, the DLF, ASD/AIA S-Series standards) and that appropriate international best practice is applied.
- Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths subject or equivalent professional experience
- Able to rapidly build up knowledge on a project and begin adding value quickly
- Proven ability with ILS Engineering across multiple complex (platform or major subsystem level) projects in Defence
- Able to work across multiple projects to achieve challenging timescales
- Practitioner or expert across:
- Reliability & Maintainability including production of FTAs, FMEAs, RBDs, Robustness Growth, MTAs
- Whole Life Cost Modelling
- ILS Requirements Management and Progressive Assurance, including Logistics Demonstrations
- Knowledge of relevant standards, e.g. S2000M, S3000L, S5000F, S6000T, JSP886, Def Stans 00-600, 00-40, 00-45.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved, all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level with no caveats.