Up to £42.87 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client BAE Systems require an ILS (LSA) Engineer for a 3 month contract in Filton.
They will provide specialist LSA/LSAR expertise and advice in support of the development and maintenance of the ILS dataset that supports the Type 45 Destroyer.
Provision of support to the Type 45 COM Managers and Ship's Staff in resolving issues with equipment/systems data.
To manage, control and complete own LSA tasks working within a team of LSA engineers, ensuring that defined objectives are professionally achieved.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate within the Type 45 LSA Team to create and maintain the configuration and audit trail requirements of the Type 45 ILS Dataset.
- Carry out the analysis required to assess the impact of physical configuration changes on the ILS dataset and populate the results.
- Carry out the analysis required to assess the impact of updated OEM manuals/data-modules on the ILS dataset and populate the results.
- Interfacing with the COM teams to resolve any In-Service dataset issues. Interfacing with MRDC to maintain T45 PBS (SSDD) for BAES scope.
- Interfacing with BAE Systems Mission Systems Deployed Services to facilitate Ships' UMMS Accounts updates
KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of ILS principles and how the LSA and the Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) fits into the overall ILS process.
- Proven LSA/LSAR ability gained in Def Stan 00-60 Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) environment.
- Possesses a good knowledge of Initial Provisioning (IP), Maintenance Engineering (ME) and Technical Documentation (TD) disciplines.
- Understand the requirement to integrate the ILS dataset (IP, TD, ME & LSA).
- Relevant IT knowledge, to include LSAR software (EAGLE), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Excel and the Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS).
- Well-developed data-gathering skills utilising Technical Manuals Engineering Drawings and other associated data sources.
- Ability to evaluate technical options and make timely decisions.
- In depth knowledge of Type 45 ILS dataset construction and amendment processes.
- An understanding of the overall Type 45 support solution and company engineering requirements. Professional knowledge of relevant engineering standards and codes of practice.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the use of Microsoft access.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Visual Basic (VB) language for development and creation of Access Databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of Standard Query Language (SQL) to utilize a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Oracle database administration.
- An in-depth understanding of the data constructs to enable data manipulation for making efficient bulk updates to the ILS dataset