£28.00 - £29.68 per hour + Ltd
2 months ago
ILS Engineer / Equipment Support Engineer
Telford - 6 months contract - Pay rate £29.68 p/h Ltd
We are recruiting a number of Equipment Support Engineers who will report to the Equipment Support Manager or Sub-system Manager in the Telford office with travel to other Company sites and suppliers within the UK, as required.
Successful applicants will form part of a multi-disciplinary team providing Through Life Support to Land Systems armoured vehicle platforms via membership of the In-Service Support (ISS) Integrated Delivery Team. Equipment Support Engineers are responsible for carrying out supportability tasks for a range of vehicles, systems and equipment.
Responsibilities could include:
- Carrying out practical and theoretical supportability assessments on existing and new systems, Sub Assemblies & Components.
- Identification and development of any new or modified Support & Test Equipment (S&TE).
- Writing in-depth engineering appraisals and reports, and writing engineering procedures in a precise and logical manner.
- Providing supportability advice to other engineering and other functional departments.
- Working with other engineering departments to conduct trials and proof fits.
- Working with specialists to conduct Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) processes on existing and new vehicles, Sub Assemblies & Components.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) data validation and Technical Publications verification.
- Liaison with suppliers in order to obtain supportability data - such as for failure predictions & diagnosis, repair, test, calibration and set-up/installation procedures, etc.
- Responsible and accountable for the population of Logistic Support databases where they exist.
- The evaluation of design and supplier data, and the production of support related data and reports.
- Liaison with customer representatives to elicit requirements or provide feedback.
- Working with the Training capability to develop/inform training impact statements/cases.
- Working with our Support Engineers to develop and inform equipment supportability impact statements and cases.
- Working with Safety Engineers to ensure that support products Safety risks are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification in a related discipline.
- Proven ability of having worked in an appropriate engineering or military environment.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work with the minimum of supervision in a team environment to achieve completion of task milestones within defined budgets.
- Have a working knowledge of a business system such as SAP and Product Data Management system such as TeamCentre.
- Be able to exhibit good Health & Safety awareness
- Have an awareness of the security implications for technical material
- A good working knowledge of MS Office preferably including MS Project
- Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Be an exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information by all modes at all levels within the project, function, customer and supplier organisations.