Up to £40.00 per hour
5 months ago
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £40 per hour LTD.
The ILS Engineer required to support the definition, design, development and delivery of ILS services to support Communications and Information Systems through life.
This role is active throughout the engineering lifecycle from initial concept through to disposal of the capability and will be required to undertake modelling and analysis to support Availability, Reliability and Maintainability.
As an ILS Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Assessment & development of Maintainability and ILS logistic solutions.
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (ARM):
- Understanding of ARM modelling and techniques;
- Produce and update ARM Case Reports;
- Produce and update Fault Mode, Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
- Logistic Support Analysis, compilation and maintenance of support data sets in an Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR).
- Level of Repair & Maintenance Task Analysis (LORA).
- Maintenance Programme generation & Life Cycle Cost modelling.
- Initial Provisioning Data compilation (Spare Parts & Equipment) and Spare Parts Recommendations (including spares optimisation).
- Definition and support to development of CMS Through Life Support capability across project teams.
- Knowledge of defence standards for supportability (e.g. DEF STAN 00-60/600, Defence Logistics Framework) and related specifications ASD S1000D for technical publications and S2000M for provisioning and spares management.
- Knowledge of ILS principles and the use of ILS techniques.
- Proven Ability of supportability analysis and performance based logistic support contracting.
- Proven Ability of systems engineering processes, product development & through life support life-cycles.
- Verbal and written communications abilities will be essential.
- Proven Ability of working within a structured LCM framework is highly desirable.
- Proven Ability of new product introduction/development is highly desirable.
Additional Security Information Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must be capable of obtaining UK MoD Security Clearance to SC level.