about 1 month ago
Integrated Logistics Support Engineer
6 Months Contract
Location: Broughton, Chester or alternatively Waddington, Lincolnshire
Pay Rate: Negotiable
We are recruiting for an ILS Engineer to be responsible for logistics engineering support within Airborne ISR, responsible to the Airborne ISR ILS Manager at RAF Waddington. This position requires sound knowledge and proven ability of ILS disciplines to act as the interface between the product and the support solution during the bid & in service phases. The role can be based at either the Broughton or Waddington sites in order to best suit the candidate.
This role is ideally suited to an ILS practitioner ideally in the Aerospace Industry.
The role offers an exciting challenge in supporting Airborne ISR programmes with responsibilities for:
- Successfully influencing the product design to enhance in-service supportability.
- Designing and developing the support solution across multiple programmes.
- Evolve 'Design for Supportability Requirements' and ensure the product design is compliant with them.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of contractual ILS requirements through all phases of the project life cycle.
- Carry out sensitivity studies of potential support solutions addressing operational use, maintenance policy and through-life costs across the project life cycle.
- Deliver the Maintenance Plan, and the associated logistics spares recommendations for the product.
- Maintenance of the Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR).
- Attend Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews; to ensure ILS project drivers are fully understood, considered, and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
- Support to Programme Management by producing ILS engineering plans, Basis of Estimates, Key Performance Targets and Statements of Work.
- Ensuring that all ILS activities undertaken under your control are conducted in accordance with the clients' site procedures that reflects best practice, and is in accordance with the client and MAA procedures.
- Proven knowledge and ability as an ILS engineer.
- Supportability engineering skills to analyse the product supportability to develop and deliver a support solution.
- Track record of successfully managing bid work, supportability case preparation and delivery.
- Comprehensive understanding of standards and guidance relating to ILS activities.
- Flexibility to travel within the UK and abroad to support meetings.
- A high level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A comprehensive understanding of Technical Publications and Support Documents.
- Well-developed planning and organisational abilities.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Availability Modelling Tools.
- Conducting a Maintenance Task Analysis.
- Understanding of military aircraft design regulations.
- Obsolescence Management Planning.
We seek an ILS Engineer who has worked in a Military / Defence environment within the last 12 months (or who is capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level).