7 days ago
IFS Finance Lead Consultant; based in Greenford; 3 month contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IFS Finance Lead Consultant to join a Finance Transformation team working for an electrical and electronics engineering company based in Greenford.
The company is embarking on an exciting Transformation Programme upgrading the ERP system in all business units worldwide and IFS has been chosen to be the standard ERP system. IFS has already been deployed in a number of UK business units and we now need to apply this template system to a number of business units in the USA and Canada over the next three to four years. The Lead Finance consultant will oversee a group of three to four functional integrators that will be permanently based on each business unit and ensure that the ERP finance and accounting module is deployed in a consistent way that is compliant with the company's chart of accounts.
The role will be UK / home based but there will be a need for extensive overseas travel to ensure the finance system that already exists is correctly deployed. The Lead Finance Consultant will be responsible for training functional integrators and producing step-by-step guides.
- Understand the global template finance solution.
- Document the finance solution to allow gap analysis to be carried out in each business unit.
- Carry out training for the on-site finance consultants so they understand and can deploy the finance template to the business units.
- Generate step-by-step guides for the finance module that can be used as training for the business units.
- Supervise the on-site finance consultants to ensure compliance with the finance template.
- Audit the finance solution in each business unit to ensure compliance with the chart of accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring month-end reporting requirements for each business unit are satisfied.
- Review business cases from each business unit where deviation from the global template is required.
- Ensure that AST and UAT test scripts are comprehensive and fit for purpose for testing business processes.
- Assist other functional consultants as and when required .
Skills and Qualifications Required
The finance consultant is required to demonstrate the following competencies:
Knowledge of ERP is essential
Must have experience of working in a manufacturing environment
A good knowledge in the following areas of IFS is essential:
- Company and Site set up
- General Ledger (posting controls, code parts, basic data set up, G/L analysis, G/L automatic posting rules, G/L voucher entry, distribution and manufacturing postings (resolving errors, transfer transactions), month end inc. GRNI)
- Project Accounting (revenue recognition, project accounting set up, resource groups, manufacturing labor classes, overheads, report codes)
- Currency Revaluation inc. currency rates set up
- Tax Ledger (tax codes set up and Reports)
- Fixed Assets
- Accounts Payable (posting proposals set up, supplier set up)
- Accounts Receivable (customer invoicing, customer set up)
- Inventory Reconciliation (part cost analysis)
Knowledge of the following areas in IFS would be beneficial:
- Reporting (useful if experience of Business Analytics and/or Quick reports)
- Data Migration (useful if experience of data migration inc. external file loads, open customer invoices, open supplier invoices, G/L voucher load)
- Projects (budget and forecasting analysis, project time reporting)
- Permission sets
The successful candidate will have extensive experience working within IFS Finance, with considerable experience working as a Lead Consultant. You will have been involved in at least five IFS Go-Lives and be highly experienced with MS Excel. You will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualifed or equivalent. Experience of 2c8 and Clicklearn is highly advantageous.
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet BPSS Level security clearance prior to role commencement with an intent to complete SC clearance once on-boarded.
Please note this role is based in Greenford.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits; systems accountant; IFS; ERP; 2c8; Clicklearn; Lead Consultant