£46.00 - £47.00 per hour + Ltd
about 1 month ago
IFS Automation Test Engineer
Samlesbury, Lancashire - 36 month contract - pay rate £47 p/h
We are looking for an Automation Test Engineer to work for our client, a leading aerospace company working in the defence industry, based at their Samlesbury site near Preston. You will play a key role in the successful test and sub system integration of a logistics supply chain solution for a world class combat aircraft.
As a Test Engineer, you will be specifying and performing qualification testing of the supply chain management solution in accordance with project schedules, processes and standards. You will also be identifying innovative test and acceptance strategies using Test Complete to enhance the automated testing strategy.
This role will enable you to work with COTS and bespoke in house developed solutions.
Automation of ALIS Supply Chain Management system is essential to improve quality of a complex distributed solution due to the time it takes to manually author and execute, which is then prone to user error. This job is targeted at a Contractor who has done this for other companies and does not require training.
Key Responsibilities of Role:
- Developing qualification tests and test procedures to deliver product acceptance evidence
- Developing automation tests and procedures to improve qualification
- Liaison with a distributed team within the UK and USA to support testing activities
- Investigating observations and problems revealed during testing, recommending resolution action and identification of solutions
- Provide input to the compilation of formal test reports detailing the outcome of test events.
- Test automation using Test Complete is essential.
- Test Engineering background working in complex technology/engineering field.
Please note all candidates will be required to hold a live UK MOD Security Clearance (SC level) prior to starting in the role.