Long Beach, California
16 days ago
10+ years' experience with the design and layout of electrical distribution systems for heavy industrial, oil and gas, refining, pipeline facilities, and bio-pharm plants. Must have field experience in the related field environment and be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
High School or equivalent
Must demonstrate the ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package and estimate design and construction hours to complete. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client (engineers, shop personnel, inspection staff, and construction contractors), direct Junior staff and CAD resources to meet the defined project needs and schedules. Must be able to estimate electrical construction and installation costs. Must understand client MOC, plant electrical and drawing standards. Must display the ability to direct others in order to accomplish specific objectives. Must understand and apply all client and Mangan safety policies.
- Specific knowledge of the NEC to properly size and layout electrical distribution equipment and devices
- Understanding one-line, schematic, three-line and wiring diagrams and being able to check the consistency between the drawings.
- Proficiency in design, layout, and checking of electrical drawings in CAD and ensures the technical correctness of the drawing by using the applicable job standards, specifications, area classifications, NEC and NFPA 70E, correct materials and any other specific guidelines set forth for the job.
- Properly size motor feeders, motor starters, feeder breakers, MCC, transformers, circuit breakers and panels (120 volts through 5kV)
- Understand short circuit requirements, perform voltage drop calculations, connected load calculations
- Develop detailed motor connection drawings and equipment control stations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities
- Generate detailed/complex control panel wiring and layout plot plans and installation details.
- Generate new or modify existing conduit routing drawings, installation details.
- Ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package, and estimate cost with some supervision.
- API & IEEE standard familiarity is a plus
- Be comfortable with engineering field work and frequent site visit.
- Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters and displays an enthusiasm for safety
- Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources
- Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team; assists team members.
- Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company's quality standard of acceptability
- Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions
- Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels
- Decision Making: Takes action upon decisions made with good judgment