Sugar Land, Texas
US$35 - US$40 per hour
4 months ago
- 5-10+ years experience with the design and layout of electrical distribution systems, and instrument and control systems for heavy industrial, oil and gas, refining, pipeline facilities, and Chemical Plants. Strong proficiency with AUTOCAD, CADWORX, SMARTSKETCH, EXCEL, ACCESS desired.
- Must have field experience in the related field environment and be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package and estimate design and construction hours to complete. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client (engineers, shop personnel, inspection staff, construction contractors), direct Junior staff and CAD resources to meet the defined project needs and schedules. Must be able to estimate electrical construction and installation costs. Must understand client MOC, plant electrical and drawing standards. Must display the ability to direct others in order to accomplish specific objectives. Must understand and apply all client and Company safety policies. Strong experience in Instrument & Control System Design Proficiency with AUTOCAD, Excel, Access desired..
- Develop detailed motor connection drawings and equipment control stations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities
- Generate detailed/complex control panel wiring and layout plot plans and installation details.
- Generate new or modify existing conduit routing drawings, installation details.
- Ability to outline the electrical requirements necessary for an electrical construction package, and estimate cost with some supervision.
- Requires specific knowledge of facility I&C standards and vendor equipment.
- Ability to develop simple and complex loop diagrams, instrument indexes, and wiring/connection diagrams.
- Ability to properly design DCS and PLC installations, including control room layouts, networking systems, I/O Marshaling and Terminal Cabinets, power supplies, interposing relays, transducers and other instrument and control hardware and installations.
- Ability to detail electronic and pneumatic instrument installations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities.
- Ability to interface with client and direct junior staff and CAD resource.
- Experience with loop walk-downs, control room verifications, factory acceptance tests and field start-ups.
- Proven ability in detail design including reading and revising interlock schematics/motor schematics. Creating Junction Boxes, Marshaling Panels and DCS Cabinets with BOM. Creating Instrument Installation Details and generating material take-offs.
- Ability to outline I&C requirements necessary for an instrument/control construction package and estimate design hours required for completion. Estimate construction and installation cost.
- High School or equivalent