about 1 month ago
Your experience as a Hydraulic & Transmissions Bay Workshop Supervisor will have an immediate impact on my client, you will carry out the role of Supervisor in the Wildcat Base Maintenance Bays Hydraulic and Transmissions Bay.
* To hold authorisations to the minimum level required by the client, this is to include second signature within own trade group as detailed in OP 1103 and IAW individual Record of Engineering Authorisations (REA).
* Maintain technical currency and authorisation through the training program and reading disseminated information.
* To carry out tasks in a supervisory role within the Wildcat Base Maintenance Bays Hydraulic and Transmissions Bay or at other Units as directed.
* To supervise the servicing, repair, modification, functional testing, general husbandry and rectification of the components maintained within the Hydraulic and Transmissions Bays or at other Units as directed. Co-ordinating the maintenance requirements for such equipment, prioritising the work accordingly in liaison with the WIST Front desk and Support Services Manager. Investigating repair solutions for equipment/ components where no repair exists.
* Supervise the custody and accounting of all Bay stores, organising issues and returns in liaison with the WIST Storekeeper.
* Hold the section PLR/ AinU if required.
* To carry out fault diagnosis and examination using precision instruments and test equipment.
* Carry out maintenance within trade in accordance with published procedures and instructions.
* To have a working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act, including COSHH.
* Completing GOLDesp procedures IAW Wildcat Maintenance Support (WMS OP 408) and JAP(D) 100A-0409-01 series of publications.
* Ensure correct tool control procedures (WMS OP 502) are adhered to when carrying out maintenance during the course of the working day.
* Supervision of Technicians.
* Carrying out independent inspections where authorised (WMS OP 451).
* To be the Tool Controller for the Hydraulic and Transmissions Bay.
* Must have served an aeronautical engineering apprenticeship or Service equivalent trade training.
* Ideally must have had a minimum of 4 years Military Aircraft Engineering experience, including 1 year in a supervisory position or civilian equivalent.
* Must possess a thorough knowledge of UK military aircraft documentation procedures.
* Ability to work to aircraft/component drawings using specialist skills i.e. hydraulic schematics.
* A working knowledge of COSHH and Risk Assessments.
* Hold a PLR/AinU.
Hydraulic & Transmissions Bay Workshop Supervisor
Location - Yeovil
Keywords: Hydraulic, Transmission, Workshop, Maintenance, Supervisor, Military