Vital Bristol Technology
3 months ago
Our client are a global energy player and an expert operator in the three businesses of electricity, natural gas and energy services and they are currently looking for a HV Engineer to be based in South West London.
This position is for a HV Engineer for a prestigious long-term energy supply contract in London. This site involves the supply of heat and electricity to a range of consumers in London from two Energy Centres. The Engineer will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of Whitehall boiler system and electrical generation distribution equipment which consists of large scale HTHW boilers, 11kV electrical generating plant.
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience in this field and the relevant industry qualifications. A good understanding of operations and maintenance, heating plant and distribution systems on a commercial / industrial level is required as well as practical experience with IT related monitoring systems.
The delivery of all contracted services to Whitehall Users is of critical importance. All services must be delivered in a safe, cost effective manner.
The site operates a Permit to Work System which must be adhered to for all works by all staff and subcontractors.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Maintain all documentation and records to the highest standard
- Ensure jobs are closed promptly to allow for timely processing and reporting
- Have a basic understanding of the supply contracts
- Have a thorough understanding on Permit to Work Systems, and all other relevant Health and Safety requirements including writing and application of risk assessments and method statements
- Project a professional image of the Group at all times to external and internal customers, this is to include clear channels of communication
- Ability to work unsupervised and function as part of a team
- Other tasks as directed by Line Management - this may include occasional works at other locations
- Operate at all times in accordance with Best Practice with regard to Equal Opportunities, recognise and value Diversity in the Workplace and demonstrate respect for others
- Place the highest importance upon Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Abide by policies and procedures at all times
- All activities are expected to be continuously improved over time
- C&G Electrical Theory & Installation
- Good understanding of HV systems and to be HV competent with the relevant qualification
- Fault-finding and practical skills
- Experience in electrical generation ideal but not essential
- Experience in large commercial / industrial boiler plant and associated equipment
- Experience in overhaul of pumps, valves and pipe work ideal but not essential
- Experience in Confined Spaces ideal but not essential
- Able to work unsupervised and function as part of a team
** This role is entirely dependent on successfully passing the Ministry of Defences security and background checks, this is a thorough check of history and criminal records if you fail to pass these checks employment will be terminated immediately, please do not apply for this position if you feel this could be an issue in qualifying for this role**
42 hours per week. Monday to Friday (08:00-16:00). This role will also require a 1 in 6 call out rota
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file and contact you in the future regarding other suitable vacancies.