£400 - £475 per day
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
Responsible for overseeing the Engineering, Commissioning and energisation aspects of construction, testing and commissioning activities within area of responsibility, supported by Field Engineers and construction manager for each contract, geographic location and/or for system.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Ensuring the project is executed, implemented and compliant with the design, relevant standards and in accordance with accepted methods or working.
* Co-ordination of interdisciplinary technical and engineering issues associated with the project.
* Approve all commissioning procedures and WPP for commissioning activities.
* Liaise and support the commissioning resource required for the Projects.
* Interpreting the company's high-level traction substation and associated feeder installation designs to initiate solutions in compliance with all applicable standards and project policies.
* Interrogating and agreeing supplier's designs for suitability, compliance with Company Standards and Engineering Standards
* Providing technical guidance to the commissioning team on all aspects of electrification and plant.
* Identification of design interfaces.
* Attending regular interdisciplinary design reviews and checks.
* Providing technical guidance to the project management team on all aspects of electrification and plant
* The Identification of potential hazards, carrying out of risk assessments and implementation of appropriate mitigation measures.
* Advising on the effects of changes to all applicable standards/client's specification.
* Provide Engineering advice on safety matters
* Review all red line drawings
* Review of the Commissioning Procedures relevant to the works.
* Preparation and maintenance of the test dosser for commissioning activities.
* Liaising with the Engineering Manager on design review of documentation.
* Approval of Risk assessments for commissioning activities.
* Review of commissioning resources in line with the projects requirements.
* Monitoring of commissioning resource competencies.
* Reviewing the Project Programme and relaying the information to the commissioning team in order to plan resource.
* Provide Commissioning advice on safety matters
* Review Staging Strategies.
* Support the Engineering Department in discharging their duties.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the company's Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with company in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for company's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put the company's information or information systems at risk