Morson International are currently seeking a HUMS Controller to join of our Military & Defence clients based in Somerset. This role is a permanent position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Provisioning of level 2 advice to Wildcat squadrons, LWPT, 1710 NAS and Engineering Management on Wildcat HUMs aircraft health, transmission vibration monitoring, aircraft vibration and RTB diagnostic matters and associated VA equipment in accordance with MAM-P.
- Reporting of any potential vibration issues to engineering management highlighted through 2nd level or 3rd level data analysis IAW MAM-P and AP101C-1500-2(NA)1 SPS 004.
- Employing or supervising the use of specialist vibration collection and analysis techniques in accordance with CIETP Chap 18
- The maintenance and control of Wildcat aircraft vibration histories IAW MAM-P Chap 5.4 and 5.5 and AP101C-1500-2(NA)1 SPS 004 for:
- Vibration test results * Vibration and Health monitoring trends * HUMs incremental feedback to level 1 users
- HUC specialist liaison with VA agencies, LWPT and industry for Wildcat aircraft, IAW MAM-P, Chap 5.5.
- Processing and passing Wildcat annual Cockpit Voice and Flight Data Recording (CVFDR) downloads to a body nominated by Wildcat PT IAW AP101C-1500-2(NA)1 SPS 004 for analysis of correct recording and CV validity. Informing end user as to status of their aircraft and any rectification required.
- Notifying Engineering Management of any inconsistencies or inaccuracies in VA equipment or software, or other problems affecting the completion of the VA task.
- The physical security of the VCC/HUC and security and control of all publications, soft data backups, VA databases, VA data transfer devices, VA aircraft equipment, VA IT systems and associated equipment and all VA documentation held in accordance with JSP440.
- Control of all VCC and HUMS equipment, software standards specially including:
- Administration and control of Helicopter Vibration Control Ground Station (HVGS) database for Wildcat and the forwarding of any significant data (MIG).
- Assist 1st, 2nd, and 3rd line engineering effort by carrying out Wildcat aircraft VA tasking when VCC / HUC VA primary tasks permit.
- Notify relevant Engineering Management of any aircraft or equipment fault of a serious nature that might warrant a fleet check or further reporting action, or of any VA events that is likely to render Army aircraft "offstate".
- Completion of HUMS Courses: HUMS Awareness * HUMS Admin * HUMS Analysis
- 3rd Signature authorisation
- Full understanding of all aspects of Military aircraft engineering and documentation
- Current and competent in use of GOLDesp