Our client are seeking a Human Factors Specialist contractor to work within a multidisciplinary Human Factors (HF) team carrying out diverse tasks including long-term strategic projects, applied studies and consultancy support for internal and external clients.
The Human Factors Specialist will be responsible for the provision and management of Human Factors support in the design of Defence Information (DI) products and services through all lifecycle phases.
This role will work on a wide variety of projects and business development activities with a diverse range of user groups. This could range from projects supporting design of next generation fighter aircraft; design of interface technologies for the British Army; to undertaking cutting edge research as part of the Human Social Sciences Research Capability (HSSRC).
Although based in Christchurch there will be flexibility regarding home working/travel arrangements based on project requirements.
- Providing and managing HF integration and engineering services to support the design and delivery of DI products and services (analysis, design and test/evaluation)
- Supporting other project functions as required e.g. supporting safety case development
- Supporting research opportunities, conducting analysis and producing HF reports
- Networking with the HF community within BAE Systems and externally to raise the profile, awareness and credibility of the DI Human Factors & Training Team
- Networking strategically among the end-user community in BAE Systems and externally to raise awareness of the DI Human Factors & Training Team and identify/develop new business opportunities
- Maintaining and developing own and colleagues’ HF and training competencies, including mentoring junior staff and providing professional development opportunities
KEY SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Proven ability in Human Factors/Ergonomics/Psychology
- Working with other functions on large-scale, complex system development and integration projects
- Leading HF activities and applying human factors methods within the defence industry
- Working on short duration, applied research and consultancy support projects
- Demonstrable understanding of systems engineering lifecycle processes and the integration of HF activities
- Chartered membership of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, British Psychological Society or equivalent body.
- Proven ability working with Defence Standards, Military Standards, International regulations and commercial standards