Human Factors Engineer required to lead the Human Factors / Ergonomics ETCS OBU team.
6 months contract initially, based in Derby.
- Provide technical expertise in human factors to resolve issues on the Project
- Work closely with engineering teams to promote a good understanding of human factors capabilities and ensure smooth and effective integration of human factors throughout design, development and implementation.
- Apply human factors methods and design principles, and the company process to ensure:
- All human factors requirements for the system and its components are identified,
- User requirements and capabilities are considered throughout design, development and implementation,
- Users are engaged appropriately throughout the project lifecycle,
- Compliance with relevant human factors standards and good practice,
- The delivered product or system is fit-for-purpose, meets user needs, promotes effective, efficient and safe working, and is acceptable to users.
- Build good working relationships with equivalent human factors staff in external parties.
- Chair customer and user group sessions, to obtain feedback on the proposed user interfaces.
- Participate in the formal reviews of project or product documentation, as required by the company process.
- Participate in project meetings as required (e.g. milestone reviews, change control board, progress reviews, etc).
- Supervise other engineers in these tasks.
Skills and experience required:
- HNC, HND, Degree or equivalent in Psychology, Ergonomics, Human Factors or a related discipline.
- Experience of working in large, multi-discipline teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to produce high quality documentation to tight timescales. A willingness to work towards Registered Membership of the CIEHF.
- Experience of application of anthropometric data with SammieCAD or equivalent Ergonomic assessment tool.