Rate on application
16 days ago
Morson International are currently seeking a HSE Supervisor to join one of our clients based in Edinburgh. This is a contract position with the view of going permanent for the right individual.
* Support the development of HSEF policies and programs in line with Corporate Standards
* Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, machine guarding (PUWER), combustible dust, ergonomics, etc.)
* Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
* Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation under aspects and impacts
* Initiate and organise HSEF training of employees and executives
* Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity
* Oversee and project manage installations, maintenance, disposal of substances, capex requirements etc.
* Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy - report incidents in line with reporting procedures
* Ensure that the AOP metrics are met in a timely manner
* Drive the improvement of the management of change processes
* Record and investigate incidents to determine causes using RCCA
* Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
* Utilize Honeywell software tool to ensure that the HSEF Maturity planning moves to AOP over time.
* Experience in HOS - green belt/ LEAN behaviours
* In depth knowledge of legislation
* Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
* BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
Certificate in occupational health and safety (NEBOSH/IOSH), Chartered professional in RICS/ IOSH/ NEBOSH engineering