£320.00 - £370.00 per day
2 months ago
This is working for a 24/7 operational organisation with significant project, maintenance and front line activity being undertaken at night.
The majority of the activity will relate to construction related risks, particularly at site level. The role is expected to provide support on the full range of HSE disciplines, drawing on support from the full HSE team and others, such as construction teams as required.
In addition to supporting in-house maintenance and projects, the role may involve considerable liaison in a Client, Principal Contractor, Principal Designer and / or Contractor capacity.
* To undertake site visits/inspections (nights)
* Risk assessment of work practices, including COSHH, Noise etc., monitoring results and advising on suitable and sufficient control measures to achieve ALARP.
* Review of procedures, instructions, tenders, contracts, method statements etc., for Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental content and compliance.
* Developing Safe Systems of Work (Work Instructions, Safety Plans, Method Statements, etc.)
* Monitoring compliance with legislation and taking action as necessary to ensure that management and contractors are aware of their duties and obligations.
* Delivering safety training/briefings, for managers and staff including the delivery of specific training e.g. COSHH, Manual Handling, CDM Regulations and audit techniques.
The skills, knowledge and experience expected of the HSE Night Manager:
* To be successful in this role you will able to work at pace and make things happen. You will need a good ability to prioritise work load, make decisions about HSE compliance in a dynamic environment and have strong communication, collaboration and diplomacy skills to ensure the correct action is taken, often in challenging environments.
* In order to fully meet the requirements of the role, working outside of normal office hours, typically between 22:00 & 06:00 will be required on a permanent basis.
* Relevant qualifications in Safety management min NEBOSH certificate level, or equivalent
* Be computer literate with packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
* Have the ability to organise and plan work assignments and deliver within agreed timescales.
* Have a flexible approach to work and be willing to work in Engineering Hours/ permanent nights
* LU Sentinel Card and Basic Track Awareness
* Min 2 years of experience working on LU infrastructure
* Min 2 year site based construction experience
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Night HSE Manager role or for a confidential chat please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.