4 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Manager for our client, an engineering specialist who provides into the Aerospace, Oil & Gas and Power Generation sectors.
Within this role, you will be responsible for ensuring business activities are compliant under the strict Health, Safety & Environmental Law and to monitor same by audit & Surveillance of appropriate Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and regulations. You will ensure all activities conducted are done so in a safe place to work either at Head Office or at off-site Installations.
- To provide proactive advice and support and to facilitate the generation of the necessary documentation to ensure company comply with appropriate legislation and regulations including all aspects of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Assist in the development of, and maintain the company's Health, Safety & Environmental Management Systems, including supporting Safety Committee meetings with a view to obtaining external accreditations.
- Undertake and implement projects and initiatives to improve Health, Safety & Environmental standards
- Maintaining external accreditations including but not limited to: -BS/OHSAS 14001 / 18001 (45001:2018)
- To provide, facilitate and support Health, Safety & Environmental training /education including inductions for new starters & contractors working at Head Office and Off-site Installations
- Review the company exposure to HS&E risks and identify and implement where appropriate the necessary corrective measures
- To maintain the company COSHH assessment library ensuring all material data sheets are logged.
- Undertake accident investigations as required and monitor data to highlight causes, identify remedial actions and reduce risks
- To assist with extrinsic audits / visits from customers and 3rd party registration bodies.
- To assist with quality health and safety complaints and reports.
- To work with the quality function to integrate the Company Management System including ISO9001 / ISO14001 / ISO45001 and any other relevant accreditations
My client is keen to hear from people with the following background and experience:
- BSC, IOSH, NEBOSH or other formal safety qualification
- A good level of proven experience within a Health, Safety & Environmental Officer's position
- Previous audit experience / knowledge of ISO accreditations & BS OHSAS 18001 (45001:2018)
- Experience in role of CDM Co-ordinator / Principal Designer is desirable however now essential
For more details, apply here