MANCHESTER UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
HSE FIELD TECHNICAL OFFICER (TEMP CONTRACT)
The main purpose of the role is to support the organisation in developing policies, procedures, guidelines, infrastructures, systems, and processes which will ensure the organisation is able to meet both its statutory and regulatory requirements.
21 hours per week - £18,000 per annum
- Monitor individual departmental compliance with the health and safety policy and procedures and provide feedback and advice to managers on areas of non-compliance.
- Overseeing the establishment, review, and implementation of departmental risk assessments.
- Help establish, develop, and implement localised procedures for external contractors visiting departments and maintain records of site inductions and contractor approvals.
- Ensure that all departmental accidents and near misses are reported and investigated in accordance with the organisations policies.
- Help in the development of the organisations health and safety policies, arrangements, and procedures.
- Support heads of department in their programme of internal monitoring and auditing of all health and safety compliance obligations.
- To assist heads of department in helping them deal with day-to-day operational matters relevant to their respective departments with strong focus on health and safety, fire, and environmental matters.
- To assist heads of department in taking responsibility for the development of internal compliance monitoring processes and be a core member of the internal inspection and spot check auditing team.
- Champion continuous improvement of health and safety, fire, and environmental performance across all departments.
- Assist departments in managing their fire safety and environmental responsibilities linked to compliance with both Occupational Health and Safety (ISO 45001) and Environmental Management (ISO 14001) obligations.
- Assess organisational compliance or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Formulate and implement written policies and procedures related to compliance issues.
- Maintain records of compliance activities such as audits, complaints received or investigation of outcomes.
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organisational processes.
- Review or modify policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to standards or legislation.
- To undertake other related duties as operationally required.
- A baseline working knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation, corporate compliance, quality procedures and business risk management.
- Foundation qualification in any of the above disciplines or similar vocational qualification.
- Knowledge of working in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Having a positive, "can-do" mentality and being curious to find ways around obstacles.
- Computer literate, with a strong working knowledge of MS Office programmes.
- A strong team player who has an enthusiastic and motivated attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
MUFC Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our workplace.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles.
MUFC positively welcomes and seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application and perform at your best, please do not hesitate to contact to make a request; we are here to help.