We’re pleased to present the opportunity to join Urenco as an HSE Coordinator. Based at our Capenhurst, Cheshire you’ll provide a range of basic advice and support in the subject areas covered by the HSE department as required, and contribute to the safe and compliant conduct of activities undertaken by the group projects team. Assistance services to the HSE Team, including but not limited to administration, coordination, and all other elements of the services delivered by the department.
Urenco is a trusted, long-term supplier to the nuclear industry, specialising in safe, cost-effective, and reliable uranium enrichment services. As demand in our sector increases, we are creating career opportunities and growth across our teams.
For us, a happy and engaged workforce is vital to our sustainability. Our aim is to recruit and retain talented people who can help us deliver outstanding customer service and achieve long-term commercial success.
Join us on our journey, front, and centre, to a net zero future.
What will your day look like?
Providing pragmatic and basic useful advice, guidance, and support to The Group Project teams on:
- Health and Safety
- Health and Wellbeing
- Environmental Protection
- Quality Management systems and Quality Assurance
- Organisational Learning and Quality Improvement
Providing technical support to the HSE Team which includes but is not limited to:
- HSE communications
Ensuring compliance with company processes to ensure company compliance with legislative, regulatory, and company policy standards and advising on the practical application within the business.
Delivering a range of generic HSE activities as required by departmental management, including contributing to investigations, audits, inspections, continual improvement, etc.
What do you need to be great at this role?
- Good secondary education to at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (to include maths and English), or equivalent vocational qualifications.
- Previous experience as an administrator or Co-Ordinator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, Atlantic Link, and PowerPoint.
- IOSH/NEBOSH or equivalent formal qualification in HSE (or a commitment to work towards)
- Recognised internal auditor training (or a commitment to work towards)
- Previous experience authoring or checking documents, preferably technical documents
What can you expect of us?
At Urenco we’re dedicated to offering flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives. We’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Annual leave of 27 days per annum.
- A diverse range of family-friendly policies.
- A generous bonus scheme.
- A defined contribution pension scheme; with up to 16% employer’s contribution.
- Flexible benefits package; including life assurance and income protection. In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to purchase additional benefits that suit your lifestyle and take advantage of tax and NI savings.
- Education and training; we take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating, and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs.
Please be aware that this role is subject to SC level of security clearance and medical, drug, and alcohol testing prior to start.
At Urenco, everyone is welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where we all have a voice, and you can feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.