£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
HSE & Facilities Regional Team Leader - Cheltenham - £55,000 - £60,000 6 months FTC
This is a pivotal position in the Business Management infrastructure requiring strong leadership, initiative & flexibility, including oversight of Facilities Management including Health and Safety and Environmental within your region. Responsibilities to include:
* Ensure the delivery of the Service Level Agreement for site facilities management for all UK regional sites.
* Direct line management of the Facilities and Health Safety and Environment personnel based in the region.
* Ensure the businesses meet all their statutory compliance needs.
* Coordination of the Business Continuity activities within the region where applicable.
* Lead the FM planning cycle such that we have at least 12 months
* Visibility of key FM requirements across the regions sites
* Co-ordinate the placing of annual /planned preventative maintenance with key service providers and monitoring their performance against SLA's/KPI's as necessary
* Liaising with Landlords and their Agents, local authorities, approved contractors, utilities and other service providers
* Provide support to GBS Property as required
* Preparing annual facilities budgets, responsible for managing spend and maximising value for money without detriment to quality or scope of service provision.
* Producing monthly/annual statistical information for Facilities and H&S and management reports for distribution to the business and Head Office when required.
* Supporting all stages of site related project development, planning, costing and delivery working closely with related supporting functions
* Work in partnership with HR to identify and support management and employee induction and Health & Safety training requirements with suitable programmes and providers. Ensuring records of such training are co-ordinated with HR.
* Overseeing management of the Facilities Helpdesk service and ensuring and owning any facilities issues from receipt to resolution, delivering a professional service to the business.
* Providing specialist Facilities Management advice and guidance to Head Office as required.
* Management and audit of security and environmental aspects of FM function ensuring they remain compliant with ISO27001 & ISO14001
* Providing specialist Facilities Management advice and support for all Business Continuity planning activities whilst ensuring an appropriate Disaster Recovery response is available.
Health, Safety and Environment
* Ensure that a comprehensive audit plan for the business is available. Ensure that these are executed identifying key risks and are completed to a high quality and on schedule
* Preparing Health and Safety strategies and developing internal policies.
* Maintain and continually improve the Safety Management System, in compliance with HSG65 and/or ISO18001
* Ensure risk assessments are carried out by Duty Holders and Safety Team and can consider how risks can be reduced
* Support the business in the identification and delivery of all H&S training both external and internal for employees and managers
* Ensure internal audits are conducted to develop improved standards and an increased awareness for all staff
* Ensure Duty Holders and Safety Team can identify potential hazards within the workplace
* Investigation of all near misses and incidents including RIDDOR reporting
* Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
* Ensuring regular site inspections are carried out to monitor the implementation and management of policies and procedures
* Keeping records of inspections, findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
* Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of Ill Health. Producing statistics and recommendations for SMT
* Keeping up to date with all Health and Safety legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry
* Ensuring all statutory and legislative requirements are met
* Attending H&S seminars to keep up-to-date with changes in legislation
* Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins as appropriate
* Ensure the safe and correct installation of equipment across all sites
* Oversee the managing and safe disposal of hazardous substances across all sites
* Advising on a range of specialist areas e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
* Liaising with relevant authorities e.g. HSE
* Attend executive and employee H&S meetings in an advisory capacity
* Providing proactive advice on Health & Safety matters/initiatives
* Act as the site 'dangerous goods' safety advisor
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Significant experience in a manufacturing/or a highly regulated Industry
* Excellent understanding of Facilities, Health, Safety & Environmental Legislation, statutory compliance and best practice
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Self -driven and able to monitor own performance effectively to ensure deadlines are met
* Excellent IT literacy skills (MS Office)
* Ability to continuously challenge, understand and address business issues
* Results orientated with attention to detail and on time completion
* Security clearance to SC will be required
* Risk Management experience
* Company preparation for Audits, compliance, and maintenance of relevant standards
* Regulations Implementation
* Knowledge of BSI 9001, 14001 and BSI OHSAS 1800
In order to apply for the role you will need to have:
* Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (Tech IOSH)
* Member of the BIFM
* Environmental Management Membership (IEMA)
* Understanding FM Foundation Course
* NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC1 & NGC2)
* NEBOSH Fire safety & Risk Management (FC1 & FC2)
* IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management