Up to £35000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
10 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a HSE Advisor to cover sites in Whiteley, Swanwick & Hedge End in Hampshire.
- Introduce and manage H&S to the Hedge End Facility in keeping with the NATS Centres, albeit a scaled version to suit.
- Undertake supporting tasks for the EMCOR/NATS contract, reporting to the relevant committee meetings.
- Standardised reporting, alignment to NATS policies & contingency support for the Swanwick H&S function (NATS contingency).
- This role is responsible for the development and provision of regulatory advice, guidance and support to our Clients.
- To implement the company and clients corporate strategy for Health and Safety assurance.
- To support the Regional and Site Managers with the management of Health, Safety and Environment throughout the clients UK portfolio and undertake accident investigations.
- To measure performance against the EMCOR and NATS H&S policy and identify good practice and areas for improvement where required.
- Liaise with other NATS/EMCOR locations across UK to ensure statutory compliance at all times and adhere to H&S & Compliance contract KPI's/SLA's
- Working 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday between 08.30-16.30
- Customer Advice and Guidance
- Risk Assessment Pro-Active/Reactive/Review
- Meeting Attendance and preparation H&S Sub Committee/HSPRG
- Incident Investigation
- Audit/Record Retention
- Policy/Procedure Reviews
- Fire Risk Assessment Review and Action Tracker
- Active Monitoring/Inspections/Surveys/SLO Inspections
- Control of Contractors - RAMS Reviews - Monitoring
- Projects - Advice/Guidance
- LOLER/COSHH/DSE Provide support and advice to the Facilities Managers and contract teams to ensure their understanding and implementation of the Client's and the Company's health, safety & environmental systems and to assist in the preparation of adequate and effective Plans / Systems.
- Maintain and update training records
- Participate NATS Safety Committee
- Incident / Corrective Action Reporting (All NATS Sites)
- NATS policy & procedures / consistent standards
- Review policy procedures & how H&S is delivered across estate
- Conduct independent inspections to ensure compliance with relevant standards is being achieved on the contract.
- Ensure that all statutory compliance certification is current and maintained.
- Preparation and presentation of effective health & safety training courses, seminars, induction and workshops in accordance with the Client and company policy.
- Develop a culture of pro activity around health & safety provision
- Demonstrate compliance to all applicable statutory standards relating to the operations of the property infrastructure.
- Ensure promotion of and compliance with client contract, health, safety, environmental and procurement policies and provide documentary evidence.
- Investigate accidents resulting in injury, significant near miss incidents, SOR's and dangerous occurrences.
- Ensure workplace assessments, fire drills and accident prevention programs are implemented.
- Ensure all client-facing H&S services are efficient and of a high standard and provided in a timely manner.
- To ensure the delivery of HSE services as per the FM contract scope
- Undertake audits across the whole of the scope of FM service delivery.
- Support the Facilities Managers, M&E Contract Managers and Account Director to effectively co-ordinate the service
- Establish annual local activity compliance programmes; to include audits, inspections, document reviews
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of client requirements throughout the team
- Ensure qualifies for and maintains ISO registrations required in respect of systems
- Ensure site and supplier risk assessments are complete, appropriate and reviewed appropriately.
- Develop and implement control measures to mitigate potential risks and ensure staff are trained to understand hazards. Represent the account at relevant forums and Client
- Drive safety leadership and behavioural safety and up-hold the core values of the company, the client and Safety First, Second Nature.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equialent
- Evidence of maintaining IOSH CPD
- Experience in facilities management and property management
- 5 years+ delivering H&S, preferably in an FM environment
- Experience in use of database measurement and reporting software
- Driving licence and ability to attend NATS sites on both a planned and reactive basis
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension auto enrol
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.