Coventry, West Midlands
Vital Bristol Technology
4 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a HSE Advisor to be based in our site in Coventry.
- Introduce and manage H&S for staff on a Client Contract
- Undertake supporting tasks, reporting to the relevant committee meetings.
- Development and provision of regulatory advice, guidance and support to staff.
- Implement the corporate strategies for Health and Safety assurance.
- To support the Account Director and Management Team with the management of Health, Safety and Environment across the Contract.
- Through auditing, measure Contract performance against the Policy and identify good practice and areas for improvement where required.
- Support in the preparation of HSE & Compliance reporting for the Client as required and provide an effective interface with the Client's HSE Team, including supporting audits.
- To support the Account Director in delivering HSE excellence through the contract.
- Undertake Site Safety Inspections for CDM projects and advise on the results.
- Risk Assessment Pro-Active/Reactive/Review
- Meeting Attendance and preparation H&S Sub Committee/HSPRG
- Incident Investigation
- Audit/Record Retention
- Policy/Procedure Reviews
- Fire Risk Assessment Review and Action Tracker
- Active Monitoring/Inspections/Surveys/SLO Inspections
- Control of Contractors - RAMS Reviews - Monitoring
- Projects - Advice/Guidance
- Provide support and advice to the Account Director and Management Team to ensure their understanding and implementation of the Client's and the Company's health, safety & environmental systems and to assist in the preparation of adequate and effective Plans / Systems.
- Maintain and update training records
- Participate in Safety Committees
- Incident / Corrective Action Reporting in line with procedures
- Review Policy & procedures & how H&S is delivered on site
- Conduct independent inspections to ensure compliance with relevant standards is being achieved on the Contract.
- Ensure that all Statutory Compliance certification is current and maintained.
- Preparation and presentation of effective health & safety training courses, seminars, induction and workshops in accordance with the Client and Company Policy.
- Provide a monthly Safety Report.
- Develop, maintain and improve working relationships with the client and staff to ensure mutual trust and respect based on superior service delivery.
- Develop partnership working with service sub-contractors to ensure their outputs are managed in a positive and effective manner.
- Develop a culture of pro activity around the health & safety provision.
- Demonstrate compliance to all applicable statutory standards relating to the operations of the property infrastructure.
- Ensure promotion of and compliance with Client Contract, health, safety, environmental and procurement policies and provide documentary evidence.
- Investigate accidents resulting in injury, significant incidents, SOR's and dangerous occurrences.
- Ensure workplace assessments, fire drills and accident prevention programmes are implemented.
- Ensure all client-facing H&S services are efficient and of a high standard and provided in a timely manner.
- To ensure the delivery of HSE services as per the FM Contract Scope.
- Undertake audits across the whole of the scope of FM service delivery.
- Ensure all services are delivered in line with the Client policies and procedures.
- Support the Service Line and Facilities Managers, M&E Contract Managers and Account Director to effectively co-ordinate the service.
- Establish annual local activity compliance programmes; to include audits, inspections, document reviews.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of Client requirements throughout the team.
- Ensure qualifies for and maintains ISO registrations required in respect of systems.
- Ensure site and supplier risk assessments are complete, appropriate and reviewed appropriately.
- Develop and implement control measures to mitigate potential risks and ensure staff are trained to understand hazards. Represent the account at relevant forums with the Client.
- Drive safety leadership and behavioural safety and up-hold the core values of the Company, the Client and Safety First, Second Nature.
- Attend client sites on both a planned and reactive basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- NEBOSH Construction and Fire Certificates desirable
- Evidence of maintaining IOSH CPD
- Qualification in Environmental Management
- Experience in facilities management and property management
- Ability to interface at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- 5 years+ delivering H&S, preferably in an FM environment
- Excellent levels of motivation
- Experience in use of database measurement and reporting software
- Ability to think strategically
- Reliable and punctual
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.